März 15, 2021
Article : 007376
This article demonstrates how you can install the Rainbow Office softphone on your Mac.
For Mac OS X® 10.11 El Capitan (or later):
● Intel processor
● Minimum of 4 GB of memory (8 GB recommended)
● 400 MB of free hard drive space
● Required minimum screen resolution is 1,024 x 768
IMPORTANT: Uninstall the previous version of the Rainbow Office softphone before installing the new version to reduce the issues that you will possibly encounter.
1. If you are signing in from RainbowOffice.com, click Login, then click Admin Portal. You will then be directed to the Sign In page. Enter your Rainbow Office credentials to sign in.
Go to https://service.rainbowoffice.com, then log in to your Rainbow Office account.
2. Go to More > Apps and Resources > Desktop Apps.
Note: If you are an Administrator, switch the interface view from Admin Portal to My Extension.
3. In the section RC Phone Desktop app click Download for Mac.
4. Wait for the file to finish downloading, then click Save File.
5. Once the download is done, Run the installation file.
6. Click Agree after reading the Rainbow Office User License Agreement and Terms of Services to continue with the installation.
7. Drag the Rainbow Office for Mac icon to the Applications folder.
NOTE: If you do not have Admin Rights on your Mac computer, click Authenticate, then enter the Administrator username and password. In most cases, you need to ask an IT Staff or your Systems Administrator to perform this step.
You may now log in to your Rainbow Office softphone.
NOTE: Access levels on the Rainbow Office softphone may vary depending on the Role assigned to a User. If the User DOES NOT have the option to download the Rainbow Office softphone, that means that the User is assigned to a Role with restricted access to the Rainbow Office softphone. The User must contact the Administrator to have permission to download the Rainbow Office softphone.