September 10, 2021
Article : 068844
This article contains steps on how Administrators can set up the Rainbow Office Dial-by-Name Directory feature.
Dial-by-Name Directory enables your callers to find extensions in your system by first or last name when they press 9 (default Dial-by-Name extension number) from the auto-receptionist. You can change how the extensions are searched, either by first name or last name, configure the list of extensions included, and change the extension number of the directory.
• All Rainbow Office plans.
• Users can only access the company Dial-by-Name Directory by dialing the Main Company Number.
• Calling the Dial-by-Name Directory's extension number will return an error message "Wrong Extension".
• If your Rainbow Office Auto-Receptionist is set to Multi-Level, you will not be able to disable the Dial-by-Name directory or change the extension.
• There is no way to increase or decrease the required amount of letters entered in the search, it must be 3 letters.
How to set up the Dial-by-Name Directory
1. Log in to the Rainbow Office online account
2. Go to Phone System > Auto-Receptionist > General Settings
3. Click Dial-by-Name Directory
4. Use the toggle On or Off to enable or disable the Dial-by-Name directory feature
5. When enabled, you will see the following options:
• Searchable Extensions: By default, all users in the account are added to the dial-by-name directory. Click the Edit button to remove extensions from the directory. Extensions removed from the dial-by-name directory will not pull up in a search. Change the routing option for the Directory to any available number.
• Directory Extension: The default extension for the dial-by-name directory is 9. You can change the Directory Extension number according to your preference.
• Search Criteria: Choose to search your phone system by the first three letters of the users’ first or last names.
6. Click Save