Cary Academy upgraded telephony communications with ALE safe campus solutions to gain advanced emergency broadcast and response systems.
- Land: Vereinigte Staaten von Amerika
- Branche: Bildungswesen
- Lösung: Vernetzte Lösungen und Geräte
Cary Academy is a college preparatory day school for 6th to 12th grade students located in Cary, North Carolina. The school strives to be on the forefront of communications and technology in its learning environment. Cary recently added an on campus safety solution with help from ALE and ICS.
- Alcatel-Lucent OpenTouch® Business Edition
- Alcatel-Lucent OmniVista® 8770 Network Management System
- Alcatel-Lucent 8018 DeskPhone
- Alcatel-Lucent 8028 Premium DeskPhone
- Alcatel-Lucent 8038 Premium DeskPhone
- Alcatel-Lucent Emergency Notification Server & Mapping Module
- Alcatel-Lucent Alert Broadcast System
- Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise’s ability to integrate with the legacy public announcement system and use existing ALE handsets contributed to the success of this system. The AVBS range covers previously unreachable campus areas with messages distributed over phone speakers for all to hear the notice regardless of their location. ALE’s AVBS solution enables Cary to pre-record messages making it quick to trigger notifications for weather or situational emergencies.
- Cary Academy also chose to implement the Emergency Notification System’s mapping module which utilizes building maps and floor plans to pop a screen to the on-site first responders. This map shows the campus location of the 911 call so they can respond immediately and direct the off-site 911 responders to the exact location of the call. This is a key feature and is invaluable in an emergency when seconds make all the difference.
- Cary Academy wants the latest technology as they believe a child’s safety is of utmost importance. Moving to the new system provided peace of mind to teachers and staff. The new safe campus solution from ALE also saves time and energy for staff and the overall outcome provides greater interest from families both current and prospective.
- The new emergency and communications systems allow Cary Academy to simplify staff training. In the event of a tornado or lock down, personnel simply touching a button leads to action, and action without additional worries, leading to less human error.