Being mobile is the way of the world these days – in daily life and in business. But are you letting your workers fulfil their mobile potential?
Being mobile is the way of the world these days – in daily life and business. So why would you tie your hotel employees to their desks when they could be so much more helpful and productive by being mobile? An ideal guest experience comes when a hotel frees employees to be available when guests need assistance, whether it is in the lobby, at the front desk, or even at the pool with a phone that allows them to be mobile and remain reachable. With this approach, you’ll never worry again about calls going unanswered as your employees move throughout the property.
Just ask Buddha…Bar Hotel
The Buddha Bar Hotel, a 56-room 5-star boutique hotel in Paris, solved this common hotel challenge of mobility by providing all 45 employees with mobile devices that free them from their desks. Employees are now reachable at all times and can provide more responsive customer service. As a result, the Buddha Bar Hotel is seeing lower operating costs and increased guest satisfaction.
The scalable mobility solution deployed allows the Buddha Bar Hotel to easily add handsets as the number of employees grows. Staff members also reach each other more easily, which means collaboration among employees has also increased.
Do you have the right mobility tools for the job?
The reality is mobile technology is not a one-size-fits-all solution. It depends on the role your employee has as well as your hotel infrastructure. You can design the perfect mobile tool for each specific role by selecting the technology, either DECT or WLAN, and a handset for the corresponding employee’s needs.
Here are three steps to follow when choosing the mobile device (or devices) that will give your hotel the best ROI:
1. Consider an enterprise-grade cloud-based communications solution
Allow all your teams to collaborate in real-time via mobile devices: notify encountered issues in real-time, share documents, images or videos. And control costs and deployment efforts with a cloud-based solution like Rainbow.
Remote employees, who can connect to the company IP network using Wi-Fi or cellular data, can also use a mobile application. These employees then have the same access and communication capabilities as if they were on the property. This improves efficiency by allowing both off-site employees and guests to seamlessly connect with a staff member by calling the staff member’s desktop number – no missed calls, call forwarding or using other phone numbers.
2. Make the best of legacy and Wi-Fi technologies
Opt for the type of technology that works best for your hotel infrastructure as well as your employees’ needs. The options are:
• DECT – The high voice quality of this handset allows employees to present a professional image to both guests and potential guests while away from their desk. DECT technology is typically used when a hotel does not have the ability to implement voice over wireless LAN, often because of outdated infrastructure or historical buildings. Additionally, hotels that do not have a wireless network installation powerful enough to support voice over wireless LAN turn to DECT technology.
• WLAN – Hotels with a wireless LAN infrastructure can decrease the costs of cabling and outlets by leveraging their wireless network for voice and data applications.
3. Select your devices based on employee profiles
Choose the types of devices based on the tasks assigned to the specific employee using them. Both of the following types of handsets can be used with either DECT or WLAN technology.
• Standard handsets – Employees who spend most of their time inside the hotel, at the front desk, in the lobby or at the restaurant with maybe the occasional task outside, find the handset meets their needs.
• Ruggedized handsets – Do you often have employees, such as your night watchman, front desk staff or cleaning staff, working alone at night? Are your repairmen sometimes climbing ladders or in potentially dangerous situations? To quickly alert you to any potential problems or discrepancies, these handsets provide an isolated worker protection feature, including an alarm, man down, no movement and shock detection features.
Instead of being tethered (both literally and figuratively) to the desk by a phone cord, mobile phones let your team go anywhere on your property and still answer guest calls. By giving your employees the tools they need to do their jobs more effectively, you can improve your hotel’s bottom line through increased operational efficiency and increased revenue from guests returning due to exceptional customer service.
Why chose an ALE mobile solution for your hotel?
The Buddha Bar Hotel and Winn Hotel selected a mobility solution from ALE because it offered them the opportunity to free their employees from their desks. No longer tethered by a phone cord, employees can now go anywhere on the hotel property and still answer guest calls.
Both hotels deployed the Alcatel-Lucent mobile application which works on the employee’s desktop (PC or Mac), tablet or Smartphone (iOS and Android mobile devices) and the Alcatel-Lucent mobile handsets. This means hotels with efficient coverage can install the app on any smart device enabled by the hotel or opt for mobile handsets. By providing their employees the tools needed to get their jobs done more effectively, they improved their hotel’s bottom line through increased operational efficiency and increased revenue from returning guests, based on the exceptional customer service they had received.
Learn more about the solution deployed by the Buddha Bar Hotel and Winn Hotel, about the Alcatel-Lucent Rainbow solution and mobile handsets and see how it might just be the freedom from cords you’ve been looking for.
Learn more about Hospitality Mobility
Reduce congestion and energy use, and improve operational performance with a 21st century rail network.
Several years ago, Mercy Ships started down the path towards becoming a multi-ship fleet once again. The desire was to bring hope and healing to the world's forgotten poor with greater impact than had ever been accomplished before.
Artificial intelligence and the internet of things are transforming the way we talk to each other, as well as the objects around us, in our daily lives.
Intelligent Transportation Systems connect travelers to smart roads and services to make travel easier and safer
Secure networks and communications for rail ensure a better passenger experience, efficient operations and improved safety.
Borderless communications and collaboration between ports and logistics stakeholders can create a seamless journey.