The council has experienced a positive 20-year partnership with Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise, and the ease of transition from the existing voice infrastructure to the new system was an important
- Country: Germany
- Industry: Government
- Solution: Business Telephony
Evangelical Supreme Ecclesiastical Council is responsible for the daily administration and management of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in the German state of Baden.
From its headquarters in Karlsruhe, the Council’s 450 employees work with a network of volunteers to ensure the efficient operation of parishes across the state.
The suitability of the features, functionality and capabilities of the equipment and solution proposed by Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise also heavily influenced the decision.
- Alcatel-Lucent OmniPCX® Enterprise Communication Server
- Digital Phones
- OmniVista® Network Management System
- With the Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise OmniVista® Network Management System, Evangelical Supreme Ecclesiastical Council has significantly improved the reliability and scalability of their voice network, in order to support increasing call volumes and larger number of employees.
- The VoIP features provide the flexibility needed for office moves and temporary requirements that are common in the council’s operations.
- Ongoing service costs were reduced by 50%, and the total cost of ownership has decreased by 40%.
- The time spent on infrastructure management and maintenance has been halved.
- Employees now have a consistent calling experience on all desktop phones, whether digital or IP.
- The phones are proving to be easy-to-use and intuitive to meet the various needs of the council’s staff.