Gordon College needed wireless technology in its classrooms to secure State accreditation for curriculum delivery. It was critical that the college adopt new infrastructure to meet this requirement.
- Country: United States Of America
- Industry: Education
- Solution: Mobile Campus
Founded in 1889 as a Christian Missionary Training Institute, Gordon College is located on a scenic 450 acre campus in Wenham, MA, and is recognized as one of the best liberal arts and sciences colleges in the USA. The College boasts a 14-to-1 student-faculty ratio and serves nearly 1600 students.
- OmniSwitch 10K Modular LAN Chassis
- OmniSwitch 6900 Stackable LAN Switch
- OmniVista 3600 Air Manager
- OmniAccess 6000 Wireless LAN switch
- OmniVista 2500 Network Management System
- OmniAccess AP105, AP225
- OmniPCX Enterprise Communication Server
- ClearPass Policy Manager
- Mobile Campus
- Using the Alcatel-Lucent OmniSwitch 6900 Stackable LAN Switch in virtual chassis configuration streamlines the network architecture without sacrificing resiliency.
- ClearPass Policy Manager automates secure registration of guests and devices, like wireless printers, freeing up scarce IT resources.
- The OmniVista 2500 Network Management System’s locator function speeds troubleshooting of the network.
- Pervasive wireless is an asset for recruiting students and securing a vital revenue stream for the college.
- Virtual chassis helps the college avoid upfront capital costs in favor of a pay-as-you-grow model.
- Guest access to the wireless network is fast and secure, with credentials sent via SMS.
- Students have access to ubiquitous, reliable wireless on campus, including in outdoor areas like the quad.