POSCO Daewoo appreciated the cost effectiveness of the solution compared to the competition.
- Country: South Korea
- Industry: Services
- Solution: Mobile Campus
POSCO Daewoo is Korea’s largest trading company and a subsidiary of POSCO. The company has its headquarters in Incheon, Korea. Its global network consists of over 100 overseas branches and subsidiaries.
POSCO Daewoo had a good preexisting relationship with the Alcatel-Lucent Account Manager and had been satisfied with Alcatel-Enterprise solutions for the past 8 years.
- OmniSwitch 9800E Chassis LAN Switch
- OmniSwitch 9700E Chassis LAN Switch
- OmniSwitch 6850E Stackable LAN Switch
- Mobile Campus
- The centralization of the IT network, and the integration of Wi-Fi into its architecture, have simplified and streamlined the management of the different types of connections and methods of access.
- The installation of the comprehensive Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise solution has enabled POSCO Daewoo to provide a stable network environment and cope with future network expansion.
- The new integrated network has greatly reduced the cost of management and maintenance.
- Users now benefit from a high-performance secure wired and high-speed Wi-Fi network access that supports their productivity in the office.