3 Principles to Simplify the Complexities of Cybersecurity
Cybersecurity in higher education is multifaceted and complex, transcending technical, business, cultural, and personal boundaries. This dynamic environment engages risk, compliance, mission, governance, and operations while invoking fear and resentment, as it challenges the status quo.
Abilene Christian University subscribes to three principles that simplify the complexities of cybersecurity: journey, limitations, and momentum. First, recognize that cybersecurity is a journey, not a destination. Second, understand that technical solutions have limitations. Third, fuel momentum or lose it.
Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise and Abilene Christian University have partnered with Educause to bring you Arthur Brant and Greg Kovich sharing examples of how these principles can help improve your campus security posture.
What Attendees will learn:
- Understand the challenges of protecting your campus infrastructure
- Learn methods for and approaches to simplifying the complexity of cybersecurity
- Explore how applying 3 principles can improve your cybersecurity posture on campus
Director, Enterprise Infrastructure, Abilene Christian University
Global Sales Director, Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise
- An EDUCAUSE profile is required for all registrations.
- To participate, you will need a high-speed wired Internet connection, a back-up phone in case of audio issues, and Adobe Connect.