Latest OpenTouch 2.2.1 Suite integrates more business apps to provide faster response to customers, greater support for mobile workers and now VDI integration with Microsoft, Citrix, VMWare, & others.
ALE, operating under the Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise brand, today announced enhancements to its OpenTouch® Suite are now available. The enhancements deliver the real-time tools that improve productivity and customer services, while enabling fast business response and providing flexibility sought by today’s mobile workers. The Alcatel-Lucent OpenTouch Suite 2.2.1 expands team response efforts to meet customer needs, delivers new deployment capabilities to make IT simple, and provides resellers the ability to reach more businesses.
The latest OpenTouch 2.2.1 release, which includes the innovative OpenTouch Conversation app, offers the following new capabilities:
- OpenTouch Conversation for PC now provides new team/group visibility, providing real-time presence and call pick-up so mutual team members can answer customer calls when others are away. It also enables application sharing and desktop sharing to address inquiries quickly – all from the single app that also deliversbusiness telephony, and other UC capabilities
- OpenTouch Conversation for PC now supports Alcatel-Lucent Premium DeskPhones ‘hot desking’ capability for shared desks. Mobile employees can benefit from the phone’s ease of use and audio quality while leveraging the rich feature set of the OpenTouch Conversation app.
- New Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) interoperability with VMWare, Citrix and Microsoft supports the growth of virtual PC environments. According to Technavio*, it is believed almost 10 percent of PCs in the workplace are virtualized.
- With a simplified architecture providing cost-effective solutions for unified communications across locations, OpenTouch multi-site federation enables employees to chat, view presence, share content and use conferencing capabilities to better work with colleagues:
- across sites in centralized and distributed networks,
- across countries with distributed servers,
- in large companies, where multiple OpenTouch servers can now federate and support up to 20K users.
The new suite creates opportunity for Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise Channel Partners to reach businesses of all sizes. OpenTouch Suite 2.2.1 addresses the communication needs of multi-site SMBs, large campus organizations and now large companies with several locations and subsidiaries.
OpenTouch Suite is designed to support a flexible deployment model. The solution can be delivered as an on premise solution or as a service with the OpenTouch Enterprise Cloud offering, helping companies transition smoothly toward cloud-based communications.