The latest OpenTouch Suite helps businesses respond faster to customers with extended Unified Communications capabilities.
ALE, operating under the Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise brand, today announced enhancements to its OpenTouchSuite are now available to help businesses respond faster and more efficiently to customers. The Alcatel-Lucent OpenTouch Suite 2.2 offers employees a single client interface - via OpenTouch Conversation - reaching across all devices to help manage communication interactions in a single application.
The OpenTouch Suite can be integrated with on-premise and cloud-based productivity applications enabling businesses to improve communications with teams and customers while leveraging their existing business communication systems.
The latest release of OpenTouch Suite 2.2, which includes OpenTouch Conversation, offers these new features:
- Integration with third party productivity suites such as Microsoft Office™ 16, Microsoft Office 365™, Google Apps for Business™, IBM Notes® and Domino® 9 which provides easy click-to-call, real-time presence and collaboration capabilities.
- Support of all Alcatel-Lucent OmniPCX™ Enterprise-compatible phones, including the new 8018 DeskPhone, 8212 and 8262 DECT handsets. This improves employee productivity by providing instant messaging, document and screen sharing while simultaneously using the office phone.
- Availability of the simplified single communications platform on Apple OS-X, delivering consistent capabilities with existing Windows® PC, Android™, iPhone® and iPad® clients.
- A new built-in visual automated attendant that helps businesses more simply manage incoming customer calls and route them to the appropriate teams for resolution.
- Call-log and messaging indicators are added to OpenTouch Conversation One, the multi-platform Web-based version which provides essential unified communications.
- Contactless Call Shift is now available on Android devices. This capability allows for seamless transfer of calls between smartphones and deskphones for improved employee mobility and supports privacy needs in open-plan office environments.
- A new cost-effective video collaboration option is available for small meeting rooms with integrated tools on the Alcatel-Lucent 8088 Smart DeskPhone.
These new enhancements in the OpenTouch Suite 2.2 can be delivered on-premise, in the cloud or in a hybrid approach in order to meet enterprises deployment needs. This flexibility enables a smooth migration path from on-premises telephony to cloud-based unified communications. Businesses can choose between on premise models or OpenTouch Enterprise Cloud off-premise models which offers a unique, flexible “pay per use” OPEX mode..
OpenTouch Suite 2.2 enhancements also meet additional enterprise deployment needs including:
- OpenTouch Enterprise Cloud is ideal for the hospitality market looking for consumption-based models and innovative applications, such as Mobile Guest Softphone for BYOD.
- The OpenTouch Suite supports VMware vSphere® 6 for private cloud deployments.
- OpenTouch Business Edition, the all-in-one platform for mid-sized companies, now supports high availability of UC applications and automated switchover in case of server failure, improving business continuity.