- Latest Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise cloud capabilities ‘make IT simple’ for business partners to move companies to the cloud for enterprise comms
- Latest OTEC 2.2 ideal for hotels who can benefit from unique consumption-based model to pay only for what they use on a daily basis
- Customers subscribing to OTEC now enjoy benefits of OpenTouch Suite 2.2 via the cloud
OpenTouch Suite available via managed cloud services help Business Partners boost adoption of cloud services among hotel, multisite and other customers.
ALE, operating under the Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise brand, today announced it is making it easier for its business partners to help customers adopt enterprise communications services in the cloud. The latest release of its Alcatel-Lucent OpenTouch® Enterprise Cloud (OTEC) 2.2 solution delivers enhancements which combine innovation and flexibility to provide businesses advanced communications capabilities, create an improved user experience, and make IT simple so it’s no longer a burdened for network management and maintenance.
Alcatel-Lucent OpenTouch® Enterprise Cloud (OTEC), which is OpenTouch Suite 2.2 offered via the cloud, delivers innovative consumption-based telephony, unified communications, contact center and specialized industry service applications. OTEC enables Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise Business Partners to promote apps and services to businesses either considering or already embracing cloud communications services.
ALE Business Partners benefit from a range of OTEC advantages:
- OTEC requires no upfront investment.
- The OpenTouch software licenses offer is available as a fully operational expenditure (OpEx) on a price-per-user, per month basis, so customers pay only for services actually used.
- An online quotation tool can assess the infrastructure workload and sizing required for the system.
Who’s using OTEC?
EWE Group, Germany’s fifth largest energy supplier, found OTEC to release the burden of network management and maintenance, as well as relieve phone outages as it provides a redundant telecommunications network. OTEC also delivers EWE Group substantially lower operational costs, and an improved user experience for employees as the new system promotes mobility and easier remote connectivity.
The latest OTEC enhancements also introduce a powerful communications suite built for hospitality businesses of any size and category: The Alcatel-Lucent OpenTouch Hospitality Cloud solution. This solution is ideal for the hotel industry with its consumption-based models (that can match cost with hotel room occupancy) and innovative applications, as hotel staff can respond faster and more efficiently to customers with the Mobile Guest Softphone for BYOD.
The Hospitality Cloud solution provides a memorable guest experience with reliable and secure connectivity and features including:
- Simplified check-in, automated wake up calls, guest mailbox, room and mini-bar provisioning and more.
- Mobile guest softphone application allowing guest to use their devices inside/outside the hotel as an extension of their room phone, via wireless network.
- Connected room experience where smart guests application helps control environment of the room via Alcatel-Lucent Smart DeskPhones.
What’s inside OTEC 2.2?
OTEC capabilities are based on Alcatel-Lucent OpenTouch Suite 2.2 delivered via the cloud to give customer benefits like:
- A single application – OpenTouch Conversation - to manage communication interactions with:
- Integration of third party productivity suites.
- Support for all Alcatel-Lucent OmniPCX® Enterprise compatible phones.
- Built-in visual automated attendant that helps businesses manage incoming customer calls and route them to the appropriate teams for resolution.
- Contactless Call Shift capability for seamless transfer of calls between smartphones and deskphones.
- New cost-effective video collaboration for small meeting rooms with integrated tools on the Alcatel-Lucent 8088 Smart DeskPhone.
“As more businesses explore moving IT services to the cloud where they can gain the benefits of decreased time and money spent, we can offer them a simplified IT management via the OTEC solution,” said Nicolas Brunel, head of Communications business, ALE. “And for our business partners we’ve streamlined the quote-to-cash process for OTEC, introducing the Business Store, our new and innovative online portal that allows our business partners to manage in real time all their customer needs and consumption. The Business Store will become the single online portal for all ALE cloud solutions, including network, communication, and support services.”