This article contains information on how to troubleshoot sound or audio issues when using the Rainbow Office softphone for Windows. The issue is when the headset randomly mutes during calls and the headset keeps muting itself randomly while you are on a call.
When using a headset in Rainbow Office softphone for Windows, the app mutes shortly into the call so the far end can no longer hear audio.
- Operating System: Windows 10
- Rainbow Office software appversion: 9.1, 9.2 and 9.3
- Headset Brand/Model: all brands
Two issues could be causing the problem:
- Windows 10 audio controls
- The Automatically adjust microphone settings option within Rainbow Office softphone for Windows
The solution is to turn OFF or disable the option to automatically adjust microphone settings within Rainbow Office softphone for Windows.
- Launch and log in to Rainbow Office softphone
- Click the Settings or Gear button
- On the Sound section, disable Automatically adjust microphone settings. This should resolve the issue. If the issue is still not resolved, continue below
- On your Windows PC, right-click the Volume icon on taskbar, and then choose Sounds in the menu
- In the Sound window, select Communications > Do nothing
- Click Apply and then click OK
This article provides instructions regarding the various ways on how to log in to the Rainbow Office Mobile app.
This article provides step by step instructions on how to reset your password in the Rainbow Office online account.
This article provides instructions on how to log in to the Rainbow Office online account.
This article shows how you can log in to the Rainbow Office softphone using your Rainbow Office number.
This article discusses common login issues on the Rainbow Office online account that usually occur when the login credentials are incorrect or when you are using an unsupported browser.