March 15, 2021
Article : 001144
This article provides guidelines and troubleshooting steps to help you resolve partially received/sent fax messages in the Rainbow Office account.
NOTE: The time required for transmitting fax messages depends on the fax's quality and content that will be sent. For documents that contain mostly text, it usually takes approximately 1 minute per page for the document to be delivered. When sending documents that contain graphics (scanned pages of documents), or for faxes sent to a slow fax line, it may take 5 minutes per page or more to be delivered.
Where to view received faxes
Fax sent to main company number The fax message can be found in the Operator extension's Inbox. Log in to the Rainbow Office online account as an Administrator, then click Admin Portal > My Extension > Messages > Inbox > Fax sent to extension's direct phone number.
The fax message can be found in that specific extension's Inbox (ex, Ext 106). Log in to the Rainbow Office online account using the User Extension's credentials > My Extension > Messages > Inbox.
Partially Received Faxes
You might receive partial faxes, such as incomplete pages or pages are cut off. Faxing has known limitations when implemented as a Fax-over-IP service. These limitations are technology-based and industry-wide. The steps below are for helping Rainbow Office Support isolate where the issue is coming from.
- Check your Received Fax History via the Call Log section on your Rainbow Office online account.
- This is to determine if the partial faxes are being received from a single number only If you have access to the sending machine (the machine from where you received the partial fax)
- Lower the baud rate to 9600
- Turn off Error Correction Mode or Overseas Mode
NOTE: Steps may depend on the Fax Machine model.
If the faxes are being forwarded to your Rainbow Office Fax Number from a different carrier, have the sender send a fax message directly to your Rainbow Office Fax Number.
If the issue is happening on multiple sending numbers, gather samples from within the last 24 hours for possible carrier escalation.
Please contact Rainbow Office Support for assistance.
Partially Sent Faxes
- Ensure that the attached files are supported
- The attached files' file name should not include ampersands (e.g., &) or other special characters.
- Ensure that the attachment does not exceed 200 pages.
- Ensure that the combined size of all attachments does not exceed 20 MB
IMPORTANT: Faxes are not automatically re-sent when they fail. After following the guidelines above, you need to resend your fax.