This article provides information on frequently asked questions about Conferencing.
Rainbow Office Conferencing enables Rainbow Office customers to set up and join conference calls anytime, anywhere. Each Rainbow Office User gets a unique Host and Participant access code. With the ‘invite’ feature, Rainbow Office Users can easily send conference details to participants via text or email. Rainbow Office Conferencing includes features such as mute controls, listen-only mode, record conference and more..
2. Is Rainbow Office Conferencing available for all services?
Audio Conferencing is automatically enabled and is available to the Rainbow Office Standard, Premium and Ultimate Service plans.
3. Who can use conference calling?
Anyone who receives an invitation can join, but only Rainbow Office users can host a conference call.
4. What devices can I join a conference call from?
You can join from your desk phone, your computer using the Rainbow Office Phone, or using tablets and mobile devices including iPad, iPhone and Android phones.
5. How do I find the conference calling host and participant number?
To find your conference host and participant dial-in numbers, log in to your Rainbow Office Online Account, Rainbow Office Phone, or Rainbow Office Phone for mobile. The information will be displayed in the conference section once you are logged in.
6. What are the features and benefits of conference calling?
Unlimited conference calling
• 6-hour limit per conference call but no limits on the number of conference calls
• Use conference calling right from your Rainbow Office phone system
• Included for free with your monthly service
• Hold any number of meetings with up to 1000 participants per conference
Single conference bridge
• Easy to remember, dedicated local conference bridge for your business
Host and participant access codes
• Each user gets a personal host and participant access code
• Every employee in your Rainbow Office account can now use conferencing simultaneously
International numbers for easy local access
• Host or join conference from over 40 countries including UK, Germany, Mexico, China, and Japan
Full-featured host privileges
• Hosts can mute participants, get caller count, record conferences, and more.
• Conveniently send email or text invitations to participants with just one click, using the Invite feature.
Conference using any device
• Conference from your office with your desk phone, Rainbow Office Phone, and Rainbow Office Phone for mobile (iPhone or Android) while on the go.
• Join as a host with one tap on your mobile phone to instantly start a conference anytime, anywhere.
• Instantly join a conference with just one tap from a text invitation, without entering a participant access code
7. How many participants can join a conference call?
Each conference call can support up to 1,000 participants, including the host.
8. Can participants join a conference before the host?
Yes, this option can be enabled before you send an invite to Participants.
9. Is there a limit on the length of a conference call?
There is a 6-hour limit per conference call, but no limits on the number of conference calls.
10. How do I promote my local conference on the Rainbow Office Phone to accommodate more participants?
When you add people to a multi-party call on the Rainbow Office Phone, it’s called a local conference and has a 7-participant limit. You will be able to increase the number of participants when necessary using the Rainbow Office Conference feature. This eliminates the need to manually end an ongoing call when the multi-party call hits the 7-participant limit. This feature is available right after the multi-party call is created. After the 7-participant limit, all participants will be transferred to the Rainbow Office Conference bridge and an invite to the conference option will be visible on the Rainbow Office conference screen.
11. What is the difference between Rainbow Office Meetings and Conferencing?
Rainbow Office has an array of platforms that allow you to communicate via audio call or a video call. Conferencing is mainly an audio-only call with multiple participants via any phone, while Rainbow Office Meetings allows you to set up an online video conference on your computer.
This article describes the Secure Voice Transport encryption and how to configure Secure Voice Transport on 3rd party desk phones in Rainbow Office.
This article describes how to access, configure, and generate a RingMe button or link which you can use for your website or Email Signature.
This article discusses the two methods of recording a call in Rainbow Office.
This article provides information on how to set your availability to Do Not Disturb in various Rainbow Office platforms.
This article provides instructions on how to allow Presence monitoring on a user extension.
This article provides information about the new EU Essentials offering of Rainbow Office.