This article provides instructions on how Administrators can add a local phone number in the Rainbow Office online account.
To add a local phone number, follow the steps below:
2. Go to Home page > Phone Numbers > Add Numbers
3. Under Select Numbers, choose the following:
○ Location - Domestic
○ Number Type - select Local, then select the state and area code.
○ Cost Center (when enabled)
4. Select the State/Province, then the area code
5. Select the preferred number(s) from Rainbow Office or Number Inventory if available, then click Add Numbers
6. Review the details of the ordered number(s) below. If nothing needs to be changed, click Next. To select a different number(s) instead, click Delete, then select the correct one(s). Repeat Steps 4 to 5
7. Assign the number to any of the following:
○ Auto - Receptionist
○ Rainbow Office Audio Conferencing - Additional dial-in numbers can be assigned to Rainbow Office Audio Conferencing. These numbers can also be included in the invitation emails.
○ Rainbow Office Video - Additional dial-in numbers can be assigned to Rainbow Office Video. These numbers can also be included in the invitation emails. Note that numbers assigned to Rainbow Office Video can't be reassigned, e.g., to the auto-receptionist or another user.
○ Extension - If you select this option, it will allow the administrator to select an extension to assign the new number.
8. Click Next
9. Confirm the order by checking the box next to "I acknowledge..." Click Next
○ Note: Rainbow Office has set limits for the protection of customers from fraudulent activities or over-usage. If you get a message saying that you have exceeded the maximum allowed value that can be processed on your account in a single billing cycle, please contact Rainbow Office Customer Support.
10. Click Print or Done. Use the Reference# to follow up on the order when calling Rainbow Office Customer Support
● Alternatively, customers may contact Rainbow Office Support to request phone numbers
● Phone numbers are subject to availability
This article discusses the Archiver feature which allows backing up of extension data to cloud storage services in Rainbow Office.
This article provides information about the Rainbow Office Account Linking (Account Federation) which is a set of features to support customers that are split across different accounts.
This article provides information about the Rainbow Office call queue pickup system.
This article provides an overview of the User section in the Rainbow Office Admin Portal.
This article provides information on how to add a toll-free direct number to a User. As an Administrator, you can configure the settings of another User in your Rainbow Office account.
This article provides instructions on how to create and set up a call queue pickup group in the Rainbow Office online account.