This article shows how Administrators can create and configure a Custom Answering Rule in the Call Handling & Forwarding settings on Rainbow Office.
2. Go to Users > User List > Users With Extensions.
3. Select the user or extension you want to configure then click Call Handling & Forwarding.
4. Under the Custom Rules tab, click Add Rule.
5. Create a name for your Custom Answering Rule, then click Next to proceed.
6. Define the conditions for your Custom Answering Rule. You may enable a single condition or multiple conditions based on Caller ID, Called Number or Date and/or time.
○ Caller ID - Type the phone number to use. You can use a partial number, such as just country code plus area code. Contacts from your address book can be found by typing their names or numbers.
○ Called Number - You may use this option to configure rules based on the phone number the caller dialed. You may use this when creating custom rules for your phone numbers used on promotional or marketing campaigns.
○ Date and/or time - To handle calls differently for holidays, vacation, or other specific dates, select a specific date range. To handle calls a certain way on the same days and times each week, select a weekly schedule. Note that such custom Answering Rules are applied before the Business Hours and After-Hours rules.
7. Define the Call Handling for your Custom Answering Rule. Click Save when completed.
○ Forward Calls - Select if you want to forward the call to multiple phone numbers in a specific order and have your greeting settings apply.
○ Take Messages Only - Send callers to voicemail.
○ Play Announcement Only - Play a pre-recorded announcement and end the call afterward.
○ Unconditional Forwarding - Select if you want to forward the call to a different phone number without having to go through your greeting settings. This option is good when you want the call to go directly to your personal voicemail when you don’t pick up.
8. Your Custom Answering Rule will now appear in the Custom Rules tab. You may edit, delete, or save the rule as a template.
QUICK TIP: Click Validate Rules to check if your Custom Answering Rule overlaps or has a conflict with another rule. For Custom Rules with conflicts, you may edit, delete, or temporarily disable the conflicting rules.
This article provides steps for adding a Phone Number or Digital Line that will be assigned to your existing phone.
This article provides an overview of the Shared Lines Group feature and discusses the availability, features, benefits, how it can be accessed and managed by Administrators.
This article provides information about the Billing Section of your Rainbow Office account. It is where you can view your current service plan, change your billing details, purchase calling credits, and enable international calling. You can also view your latest Statement of Account in this section.
This article discusses the settings found in the phone details section, and how an admin may change/modify these settings.
You can make use Rainbow Office Analytics Portal Subscription feature to automatically generate reports and send them to your email or to your recipients. You must first have a generated report in order to successfully create a Subscription.
This article provides information about surcharge for delayed payments.