This article shows how account Administrators can change the phone number assigned to a desk phone or softphone.
Administrators can either replace a phone's assigned number with a new one or select an existing number within the account.
2. Go to the Admin Portal > Phone System > Phones & Devices.
3. Under User Phones, select the device that you want to modify.
4. Click Edit Number.
5. Choose State and Area code on the filter provided.
6. Select a new phone number. You have two choices:
○ Replacing it with a number available in your Number Inventory
It allows you to choose a reserved number by selecting a phone number from the list of numbers in the number inventory.
○ Replacing it with a number available from Rainbow Office
It allows you to choose a completely new phone number by selecting your unique phone number from the list of available numbers.
7. Click Next.
8. You will be asked what you want to do with the old phone number. You have two choices:
○ Keep this number as a reserved number in Number Inventory
Select this option if you want to keep the old number as your reserved number, which you can use later. This number can be used in the future when adding a new Digital Line to your account.
When you click Next, you will see a pop-up window that will ask if you want to update your Emergency Address. Click Yes, then tick the checkbox to acknowledge the emergency calling service, then click I Accept. Once done, the number will be added to your reserved number. To check, Go to Phone System > Phone Numbers > Number Inventory.
○ Delete this number permanently from my account
Select this option if you want to remove the old number from your account. When you click Next, you will also see a pop-up window that will ask if you want to update your Emergency Address. Click Yes, then tick the checkbox to acknowledge the emergency calling service, then click I Accept.
This article discusses the Archiver feature which allows backing up of extension data to cloud storage services in Rainbow Office.
This article provides information about the Rainbow Office Account Linking (Account Federation) which is a set of features to support customers that are split across different accounts.
This article provides information about the Rainbow Office call queue pickup system.
This article provides an overview of the User section in the Rainbow Office Admin Portal.
This article provides information on how to add a toll-free direct number to a User. As an Administrator, you can configure the settings of another User in your Rainbow Office account.
This article provides instructions on how to create and set up a call queue pickup group in the Rainbow Office online account.