This article provides instructions on adding and configuring an Announcement-Only Extension in the Rainbow Office online account.
IMPORTANT: You need to be an account Administrator to perform the actions indicated in this article. Make sure that you are currently logged in to your Rainbow Office Online account as an Administrator.
Add an Announcements-Only Extension
1. Login to the Rainbow Office online account.
2. Under Phone System > Groups > Announcement-Only Extension, click the New Announcement-Only Extension button.
3. Enter the Extension Number, Extension Name, and Email address of the Extension user. Click Save.
Activating an Announcements-Only Extension
IMPORTANT: You will receive an email confirmation for the user extension. Click the confirmation link provided in the email and follow the on-screen instructions. If you want to skip the activation process, you can always go back to it and resend a welcome email where the link can be found to activate it.
1. Go to Groups > Announcement-Only Extension tab, then click Resend Invitation on the Announcement-Only Extension you want to activate.
2. Check your email and click on the link provided to activate the new extension.
Add a Direct Number for your Announcement-Only Extension.
1. Click the Announcement-Only Extension.
2. Click Phones & Numbers, then click Add Direct Number.
3. Select either Local (Domestic), Toll-Free, Vanity, or International Number. Follow the on-screen steps to continue.
Configuring an Announcements-Only Extension
Once the Announcements-Only Extension has been activated, you can now configure its settings. The following can be modified at this point:
- Extension Info allows you to edit the extension number, name, contact email address, security settings (password, security question and answer), and regional settings (time zone, time format, home country code, and greetings language) of a specific extension. You may also disable and delete your extension in this section.
- Announcement lets you set up the extension's announcement greeting. You may use the default system greeting, or create and upload your own greeting, or upload a previously recorded greeting.
This article provides information about the payphone surcharges in Rainbow Office.
This article provides information about the Limited Extension feature in Rainbow Office.
This article contains steps on how Administrators can set up the Rainbow Office Dial-by-Name Directory feature.
This article provides information on the Call Queue feature in the Rainbow Office online account.
This article discusses the options available to Rainbow Office users when backing up their account data. It also provides data retention guidelines for the account in general as well as for the Analytics Portal.
This article covers how Administrators can route company calls directly to an extension via the Rainbow Office online account.