This article guides admins and users in configuring a user's Incoming Call Information in the Rainbow Office online account.
The Incoming Call Information provides details about the inbound call received or forwarded to a user extension.
1. Log in to your Rainbow Office online account.
2. Follow the navigation path depending on your access profile:
- Admins: On the Quick Access page in the Admin Portal, navigate to Users > Manage Users, select the extension to configure, then click Call Handling & Forwarding.
- Users: Navigate to Settings > Call Handling & Forwarding.
3. Click Settings, and then click Edit below Incoming Call Information. The Incoming Call Information window will appear.
4. Under Incoming Number Displayed to Me on the Display Number tab, select which number should be displayed when you receive a forwarded call under:
- Incoming Caller ID: Displays the phone number of the person calling.
Check the box for If number is blocked or unknown, display my main Rainbow Office number as the Caller ID instead if you want this option.
Under Add Special Number, you can add numbers before (pre-appended) or after (post-appended) the incoming number to help you identify the call.
Under Display This Call Information on, select whether configured incoming caller information will be displayed to Non-Rainbow Office phones only or to All phones.
- Called Number: Displays the phone number the person dialed. If you use your business phone for personal use as well, it allows you to identify business calls and answer them appropriately.
Note: Some carriers do not support sending caller ID with pre-appended or post-appended digits. Please test to ensure this functionality is supported by the appropriate carrier device the call will be forwarded to.
5. Click the Play Announcement tab, then set your preferences:
- Direct Calls: Allows you to hear an announcement when your extension or phone is called directly. This is helpful for identifying how you should answer the phone, especially if you use the phone for both business and personal use. You can select the following options under this setting:
For Non-Rainbow Office phones only: Plays the announcement when forwarding a call to your home or mobile phone, but not when forwarding to a Rainbow Office desk phone. You will not be prompted to press 1 to accept calls.
Always: Applies your incoming number display settings to all your phones. You will be prompted to press 1 to accept calls on your non- Rainbow Office phones and Rainbow Office IP Phones. You will not be prompted to press 1 to accept calls on your Rainbow Office Phone for Mobile and Rainbow Office Phone.
Never: Never plays the announcement. You will not be prompted to press 1 to accept calls on any phones. Rainbow Office, however, will not be able to tell when your mobile or home voicemail picks up, and business calls may receive your personal voicemail.
The prompt or announcement will give you the following options:
- Press 1 to accept the call
- Press 2 to send caller to voicemail
- Press 3 to disconnect the call
- Press 6 to forward the call to another extension
- Press 7 to forward the call to another phone number
- Press 8 to hear the caller’s name again (only applicable when Call Screening enabled in the User’s extension)
- Press # to repeat the menu
Note that if you do not press an option, the caller will be sent to your voicemail. If you chose to forward the call to an answering service, it is important to have the Play announcement before connecting and set to Never.
- Call Queue Calls: Applies if you are a member of a call queue. This is helpful for identifying how you should answer the phone, especially if you are a member of multiple call queues. You can select the following options under this setting:
For Non-Rainbow Office phones only: Plays the announcement when forwarding a call to your home or mobile phone, but not when forwarding to a Rainbow Office desk phone. You will not be prompted to press 1 to accept call queue calls on your Rainbow Office IP Phone, Rainbow Office Phone, and Rainbow Office Phone for Mobile. You will still be prompted to press 1 to accept call queue calls on your non-Rainbow Office phones.
Always: Applies your incoming number display settings to all your phones. You will be prompted to press 1 to accept call queue calls on your Rainbow Office IP Phone and non- Rainbow Office phones. You will not be prompted to press 1 to accept call queue calls on your Rainbow Office Phone and Rainbow Office Phone for Mobile.
6. Check the box for Include mailbox name in announcement if you prefer mailbox name to be included in the announcement. If this option is unchecked and you get a call queue call, the prompt will say, “Queue Call, to accept this call, press 1.” If you are supposed to accept calls from the Sales and Technical Support call queues, for example, checking this option will let you know if the call you are getting is for Sales or Technical Support.
7. Check the box for Require my pin to answer if you want your PIN to be entered before accepting a call. This is helpful if you do not want other people to accept your calls, such as when you have a home office and do not want your children to answer business calls.
8. Click Save.
This article provides information on how to set your availability to Do Not Disturb in various Rainbow Office platforms.
This article describes the Secure Voice Transport encryption and how to configure Secure Voice Transport on 3rd party desk phones in Rainbow Office.
This article discusses the two methods of recording a call in Rainbow Office.
This article describes how to access, configure, and generate a RingMe button or link which you can use for your website or Email Signature.
This article provides instructions on how to allow Presence monitoring on a user extension.
This article provides information about the new EU Essentials offering of Rainbow Office.