This article discusses the settings found in the phone details section, and how an admin may change/modify these settings.An account administrator manages and checks a user's phone settings. This is done by going to the user extension's phone details section.
Accessing the user extension's phone details section
1. Log in to your Rainbow Office Account as an admin.
2. From the Quick Access homepage, look for Phones & Devices category and click the Manage Devices link.
3. Click the device you want to check or modify.
User Phone Details
The phone's Device Name or Model Number appears at the top, followed by its Serial Number.
The Status shows whether your phone is Online or Offline.
The Assigned Type shows you the type phone this device is in your account. It could be a User phone, a Common phone, or an Unassigned phone.
Scroll down to know more about these settings.
1. Change Phone - This option will allow you to replace the phone. To learn more, go to Change a User's Phone.
2. Resync - This option will allow you to remotely reboot and resync the phone. To learn more, go to Resync Phone.
3. Name - The Phone Name serves as a Label for you to properly identify this device when configuring your Call Handling & Forwarding Settings.
4. Assigned To [User] - Shows the User and Extension where this phone is assigned to. You can re-assign the phone to a different User and Extension by clicking on Edit User. To learn more, go to Reassign phone to another user.
5. Assigned to [Phone Number] - Shows the Phone Number assigned to this device
6. Bandwidth Settings - To improve the quality of your calls, you can set how much network bandwidth to use for VoIP calls:
• High Bandwidth - gives you better sound quality but calls can become choppy when it is not available.
• Low Bandwidth - gives you lower sound quality but ensures no interruptions during your conversation.
7. Emergency Address - Shows you the Address that this device is using for Emergency calls. Emergency responders will be sent to this address when you dial local emergency services such as 911, 112, 999, etc. You can click Edit Address to update, and then click Save.
This article provides information about the payphone surcharges in Rainbow Office.
This article provides information about the Limited Extension feature in Rainbow Office.
This article contains steps on how Administrators can set up the Rainbow Office Dial-by-Name Directory feature.
This article provides information on the Call Queue feature in the Rainbow Office online account.
This article discusses the options available to Rainbow Office users when backing up their account data. It also provides data retention guidelines for the account in general as well as for the Analytics Portal.
This article covers how Administrators can route company calls directly to an extension via the Rainbow Office online account.