This article provides an overview of the Shared Lines Group feature and discusses the availability, features, benefits, how it can be accessed and managed by Administrators.
The Shared Lines group feature allows calls made to one phone number to be answered by multiple phone devices. Answered calls can be handed off to other phones sharing the same phone number. This feature is a commonly required function in many industries, such as retail, restaurant, warehouse, etc.
This feature is available to all Rainbow Office Standard, Premium, and Ultimate accounts. Additional costs may apply for a new phone line and device purchases.
Allow calls and lines to be shared among multiple desk phones; answer calls on any phone
• Place a call on hold then pick up from another phone
• Supports up to 8 lines with 16 phones with any combination between (1 x 1) and (8 x 16)
• Compatible with all Polycom phone devices
• Forward incoming calls to a specified extension after two (2) to sixteen rings
• Caller ID name is shown on hard phones when a call on hold is picked up via Presence or Shared Line Group.
• Efficiently distribute incoming calls within a specific group
• Easily reach a person at different phones without the need for call transfers
• Eliminate any missing call. Simply answer calls on any phone
• Easy to add and modify a Shared Lines group over the cloud, anywhere, anytime
• Included for FREE with Rainbow Office. No additional cost to pay for this function.
• All outbound calls from a Shared Lines group will have a consistent phone number instead of individual numbers or extensions.
• The ability to see the Caller ID name beforehand allows Users to greet customers in a more personalized way.
How to access Shared Lines
1. Log in to the Rainbow Office Online account.
2. On the Admin Portal, go to Phone System > Groups > Shared Lines tab.
The panel automatically displays all the Shared Lines group in the company by default.
How to manage Shared Lines groups
Administrators can do the following:
• Search for a particular Shared Lines group and filter it by Site (when Multi-Site Support is enabled).
• Create or add a new Shared Lines group.
• View the Shared Lines groups' Status (Enabled, Not Activated), Name, Site, Numbers, Extension, and Messages.
• Change the site assignment of Shared Lines group/s by selecting group/s from the list then clicking Change Site.
• Enable, Disable, or Delete Shared Lines group/s.
• Resend email invitation for Shared Lines group activation.
• Edit Shared Lines group settings, such as Shared Line Details, Direct Numbers, Greeting, Call Handling, Outbound Caller ID, and Messages & Notifications.
This article provides information about the payphone surcharges in Rainbow Office.
This article provides information about the Limited Extension feature in Rainbow Office.
This article contains steps on how Administrators can set up the Rainbow Office Dial-by-Name Directory feature.
This article provides information on the Call Queue feature in the Rainbow Office online account.
This article discusses the options available to Rainbow Office users when backing up their account data. It also provides data retention guidelines for the account in general as well as for the Analytics Portal.
This article covers how Administrators can route company calls directly to an extension via the Rainbow Office online account.