This article provides instructions on how you can send faxes using email (Email-to-Fax).
NOTE: The time required for transmitting fax messages depends on the quality and content of the fax that will be sent. For documents that contain mostly text, it usually takes approximately 1 minute per page for the document to be delivered. When sending documents that contain graphics (scanned pages of documents), or for faxes sent to a slow fax line, it may take 5 minutes per page or more to be delivered.
1. Ensure that your email address is set on your Rainbow Office extension
2. If you want to use Email-to-Fax using other Email Addresses, ensure that your alternate email address is added to your extension's Trusted Email Addresses List for sending faxes
○ IMPORTANT: Ensure that your email address is added to only 1 extension's Trusted Email Addresses list. If your email address is added to more than 1 extension's Trusted Emails list, Rainbow Office will not be able to identify which extension is sending the fax, thus the fax will fail to send
3. Ensure that you are sending the fax (email) to less than 50 recipients
4. If you want to send a fax message to more than 50 recipients at a time, then the Fax Broadcasting feature must be enabled on your account
● To send a fax to an international number, enter (+) and the country code, followed by the phone number in the To: field, and followed by @fax.rainbowoffice.com
● To send to multiple fax numbers, enter each number in the To: field separated by a semicolon (;) followed by a single space
● You can also use the Cc: field to add more recipients
How to send a fax via email
Follow the steps below if you are sending fax messages to up to 50 recipients or if Fax Broadcasting is disabled on your Rainbow Office account.
1. Open your email client, then compose a new message
2. Enter the 10-digit phone number of your recipient in the To: field followed by the domain "@fax.rainbowoffice.com". (Example: email@example.com)
3. If you want to include a note and send a Fax Cover Page, type it in the Subject field of the email
○ NOTE: The Fax Cover Page details and design will depend on what is set on your extension's Outbound Fax Settings. You can also configure your Outbound Fax Settings to remove the cover page when the email subject is blank
4. Attach the documents you want to fax
○ Ensure that the attached files are supported. The filename of the attached files should not include ampersands (Example: &) or other special characters. Ensure that the total size of the attached files does not exceed 20MB
○ You can also attach your customized fax cover page
○ Ensure that the email body is empty. Remove your signature, images or footnotes
5. Click Send. You will receive an email confirmation containing the fax transmission results
The purpose of this article is to provide instructions for sending group text messages in the Rainbow Office Phone app.
This article contains information and steps for enabling "Fax Broadcasting", which, when enabled, allows you to send a fax message to 51 or more recipients at a time.
This article provides instructions on how Administrators and Users can view the company's dedicated fax number via the Rainbow Office online account.
This article provides instructions on how to compose and send a text message using the Rainbow Office Mobile app on your iOS device.
This article provides information about where you can view the faxes that are sent to your Rainbow Office number. Messages are stored securely in your account, and can be delivered as email attachments.
This article provides information on how to check the status of your sent faxes in the Rainbow Office online account.