March 15, 2021
Article : 007216
This article provides instructions on how you can send a fax message using the Rainbow Office softphone.
The Rainbow Office softphone allows you to send and receive faxes right from your computer. This feature is available to all Rainbow Office softphone Users.
NOTE: The time required for transmitting fax messages depends on the quality and content of the fax that will be sent. For documents that contain mostly text, it usually takes approximately 1 minute per page for the document to be delivered. When sending documents that contain graphics (scanned pages of documents), or for faxes sent to a slow fax line, it may take 5 minutes per page or more to be delivered.
1. Log in to your Rainbow Office softphone.
2. Click Compose fax.
3. If you have your files folder open, you can drag the file to the box provided for the attachments. You can also click the Scan and proceed to scan the document using the device source you selected or manually attach a document from your computer by clicking the Attach. The maximum fax size is 20 MB.
To prevent fax attachment issues,
● Ensure that the attachment does not exceed 200 pages.
● Ensure that the total size of attached files do not exceed 20 MB.
4. Fill out the fields provided for your Fax message.
IMPORTANT: When sending a fax to multiple recipients, the same Details (Name, Company & Note) will display on the Cover Page of the fax. If you want the Cover Page to contain specific detail for each recipient, you will need to send the fax to your recipients one at a time.
● To: (Recipient)
Click the plus to search all the contacts you want to fax or type all the fax numbers. Enter a space between the fax numbers to send the fax to multiple recipients (up to 50). If the fax needs to be sent to multiple recipients (more than 50), you will need to enable Fax Broadcasting on your account first.
● Cover Page (Optional)
Decide if you want to include a cover page. The default is Blank. Click the blue caret next to Blank to see your cover page options. If you only want to send your documents without a Cover page, you can set this option to None.
● Recipient's Name
Enter the name of the fax recipient.
● Recipient's Company
Enter the company name of the recipient.
● Cover Page Note
Enter a note for the cover page.
5. You can schedule your fax to be sent immediately or at a later time.
● Send now
To send your fax immediately, click Send now.
To cancel a fax that has already been sent but not answered yet, go to your Rainbow Office softphone online account's Outbox Folder. You can also check the status of your fax message and receive fax transmission results via email.
• Send later
Click Send later, then select the date and time when the fax message will be sent. Click Schedule send.
NOTE: The fax message that you scheduled to be sent at a later time will be saved in your Outbox folder.