March 15, 2021
Article : 007244
This article provides information about the features, benefits, availability of the Rainbow Office softphone.
The Rainbow Office softphone is an easy-to-use app, and a comprehensive communications hub with an all-inclusive phone, fax, business SMS, and conferencing for your desktop. It provides an intuitive interface that optimizes the user experience and increases productivity.
What are the benefits of the Rainbow Office softphone?
• Comprehensive desktop Communication Solution with Easy-to-Use Interface
• Make and receive calls and faxes, send text messages, or host a conference from a single app. It provides easy access to view messages, find contacts, manage calls, and change settings.
• Integrated with Company Directory
• Reach your colleagues with a quick chat or call, with just a few clicks of the mouse. With real-time Phone Presence status among colleagues, you will avoid playing phone tags or forwarding to a busy extension.
• Easily send a message to a Contact or a Group Within Your Organization
• Easily send a message to a contact in company directory. It allows you to set and select a preferred Caller ID for your message. There's no need to copy and paste.
• Audio Conferencing
• With Audio Conferencing, you can start a conference with a click of the mouse, send out a conference invitation via SMS, or email directly without the need to copy and paste the dial-in numbers and access codes. You can also easily add international dial-in numbers in your invitation. The Rainbow Office softphone also allows you to add callers anytime during a conference.
• Microsoft Outlook/Office Integration
• Microsoft Outlook/Office Integration allows you to make calls, and send text and faxes to your contacts directly from Microsoft Outlook. There's no need to launch a separate application. Contacts are imported and synced from Outlook. You can also send a document as a fax attachment from within Microsoft Office applications directly. The Rainbow Office softphone (Windows) supports Microsoft Outlook 2010 and 2013.
• Incoming Call Notification
Is the Rainbow Office softphone available to all users?
It is available to all Rainbow Office Standard, Premium, and Ultimate plans.
What are the features of the Rainbow Office softphone?
• Log in using your Email or Google credentials
• Non-Admin Install and Enterprise Distribution
• Admin configured label for company numbers
• Dedicated Recipient Name and Company Name field for Outgoing Faxes
• Plantronics Integration with Rainbow Office softphone
• Display the User's Extension Number when the User uses the Company Main Number as a Caller ID, when calling another extension within the account
• Ability to add up to 6 callers to a Multi-way Conference call
• Synchronized Favorites list with the Rainbow Office Rainbow Office cloud and accessible from any Rainbow Office Rainbow Office app
• Outbound Caller ID options - blocked caller ID and account default caller ID
• HD Voice quality with new adaptive-rate wideband audio technology (select office plans only)
• HUD interface with search capabilities
• Display IVR caller replies
• Manual Reconnect when on Offline or Calls Only mode
• Send and receive MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service) files such as an image
• Google Directory Support
• Windows 10 Notifications Support
• Ability to view notifications in Windows 10 UI style.
• Changing the top panel number display
• Desktop notification for incoming calls
• Launch an application on an incoming call
• Spell checker detects misspelled words based on the selected language
• Reduce or mute other sounds on your Windows computer during a call