This article guides Administrators in setting up a company-wide answering rule for holiday hours.
Custom answering rules can be set for holidays or any other situations where you will need the calls rerouted to a message-only extension that will play your holiday announcement, then allow callers to leave you a message.
The steps below require Administrator access.
1. Create a Messages-Only extension. This extension will play your pre-recorded holiday announcement and store your caller's voicemail messages
3. Go to Admin Portal > Phone System > Auto-Receptionist > IVR Settings
4. Click Custom Rule under Custom Answering Rules
5. Click Add Rule
6. Enter a descriptive name for the rule, then click Next. Example: Thanksgiving
7. Click on Date and/or Time, then select Specific Date Range. Set the Date and Time when the rule will be applied, then click Next
8. Select Bypass greeting to go to Extension, then click Select Extension
9. Select the Messages-Only extension for this holiday schedule, then click Done
10. Click Save
The page will redirect to a window that shows the list of all custom answering rules for company-wide call handling. Click on the Validate Rules button to make sure that the rules are set correctly.
This article discusses the Archiver feature which allows backing up of extension data to cloud storage services in Rainbow Office.
This article provides information about the Rainbow Office call queue pickup system.
This article provides information about the Rainbow Office Account Linking (Account Federation) which is a set of features to support customers that are split across different accounts.
This article provides an overview of the User section in the Rainbow Office Admin Portal.
This article provides information on how to add a toll-free direct number to a User. As an Administrator, you can configure the settings of another User in your Rainbow Office account.
This article provides instructions on how to create and set up a call queue pickup group in the Rainbow Office online account.