This article provides information on how to add a Digital Line to your Rainbow Office softphone. This will authorize a User's computer to place an outgoing call via the Rainbow Office softphone.
The steps below will guide Rainbow Office account Administrators in adding a Digital Line for a User's Rainbow Office softphone. This will authorize a User's computer to place an outgoing call via the Rainbow Office softphone.
2. Go to Admin Portal > Users > Users with Extensions
3.Click the name of the User that needs to be modified
4. Click Phones & Numbers > Phones, then click Add Phone.
5. Click Domestic as the location, and then click Next.
6. Select Other Phones > Rainbow Office Softphone app, then click Add to Cart.
7. Specify the number of Phone Number / Digital Line under QTY, then click Next.
8. You will be given 2 options for your Existing device's number.
a. Use an Existing Number from your account - You can select any non-Toll-Free number assigned to either your Company Auto-Receptionist, or Special Extensions on your account. A Special Extension can either be set up as a Messages-Only extension or as an Announcements-Only extension.
b. Purchase a New Number for your account - You can purchase a Phone number to be assigned as a Digital Line to your Existing device.
9. Select the device where you want to assign the number by ticking the box next to it, and then click Assign to Selected.
10. The Phone number assigned to the Rainbow Office softphone is shown. Click Next.
11. Select the Emergency Address that will be assigned to the phone.
• If you have set an Emergency Address for a device before, you can select it from the drop-down menu.
• If the Emergency Address for this device you are adding is different from a previously set Emergency Address, click New.
When you select New, the page will redirect to a window where you can Add New Emergency Address.
Fill out the Emergency Calling Address form.
Make sure you read the terms and conditions, then tick the checkbox to Accept the Terms, and then click I Accept.
NOTE: Use the address where the computer (where the Rainbow Office softphone is installed) is located. DO NOT include special characters in the Customer Name field.
IMPORTANT: This is the address that will be used in the event of an emergency call (911 in the United States and Canada, 999/112 in the United Kingdom, and such other Emergency Call Services as applicable in other countries) from this Rainbow Office Desk phone. Be sure to update this address anytime you change the location where you use this Rainbow Office Desk phone.
12. Select the device where the Emergency Address will be applied, and then click on Assign to Selected.
13. Click Next.
14. Select the Shipping Address. There is no phone to be shipped since you are only adding a DigitalLine for the Rainbow Office softphone.
You can select a Shipping Address from the drop-down list. You can also add a New Shipping Address by clicking on New.
If you click New to add a new Shipping Address, the page will redirect to a window where you can add a new Shipping Address. You can click Save address so you can use it in the future, and then click Add.
15. Select Rainbow Office Softphone app and then click Create Shipping Group.
16. Click Next.
17. Tick the checkbox to acknowledge and accept the charges for the Phone number / DigitalLine with Click Next.
18. Click Done.
After adding a Digital Line, have the User download and install the Rainbow Office softphone, and then log in to their Extension. If the User intends to use this Digital Line for a 2nd computer, have the User log on using the Digital Line number and Password, instead of the Main Number + Ext# + Password.
This article discusses the Archiver feature which allows backing up of extension data to cloud storage services in Rainbow Office.
This article provides information about the Rainbow Office Account Linking (Account Federation) which is a set of features to support customers that are split across different accounts.
This article provides information about the Rainbow Office call queue pickup system.
This article provides an overview of the User section in the Rainbow Office Admin Portal.
This article provides information on how to add a toll-free direct number to a User. As an Administrator, you can configure the settings of another User in your Rainbow Office account.
This article provides instructions on how to create and set up a call queue pickup group in the Rainbow Office online account.