March 15, 2021
Article : 010367
This article describes the RingOut Settings you can configure on the Rainbow Office softphone.
1. Log in to your Rainbow Office softphone
2. Click the View settings (Gear) icon
3. Click Calls, and then select the Outgoing tab
4. The RingOut feature can be configured by setting up the following options:
a. Calling Mode
● If your extension does not have an assigned Desk phone or DigitalLine, you will not see the option to select Direct dial.
● If your extension has an assigned Desk phone or DigitalLine, you will have the option to switch between the following calling modes:
Direct Dial - use your computer (requires a mic) to place a direct outgoing call using the Rainbow Office softphone.
RingOut - use a non-Rainbow Office device for placing the call, then connect to the called party using your Rainbow Office service. This feature is enabled by default and does not need to be disabled to use the Direct Dial option.
b. Default Number
The Default number is the number that Rainbow Office will call when you initiate RingOut. You can select the Default number from your extension's list of Forwarding numbers.
c. Prompt me to dial 1 before connecting the call
If enabled, you are required to press 1 within 25 seconds before RingOut connects your call to the called party.
d. Local Dialing
The default Area code that will be used for 7-digit dialing.
e. Outbound caller ID
Select the number you want to display when you make outgoing calls or texts.