Administrators need to connect the ATA Device and the Fax Machine to complete the ATA setup. This article describes the fifth(final) step you need to complete when setting up your Analog Telephone Adapter (ATA) for Sending and Receiving Faxes.
When you receive your Analog Telephone Adapter (ATA), connect it to your network and fax machine by following the steps below:
1. Connect the power adapter to the “DC 5V Adapter” slot, the small round hole on the right.
2. Connect the Ethernet cable from your router to the “Internet” slot.
3. Connect the Fax Machine RJ 11 cable to “Phone 1”
4. When using an analog fax machine to send or receive Rainbow Office faxes, the following settings are recommended. These settings can be found on the fax machine's R/W parameters or Advanced Fax Settings
NOTE: For specific instructions, refer to the fax machine’s manual or support.
● Set the Baud Rate to 7200 bps - Most analog fax machines transmit at 14400bps. Speeds this fast will magnify any latency, jitter or packet loss present
● Make sure that the ECM (Error Correction Management) is turned OFF - ECM analyzes incoming data for corruption, which can increase latency. In some cases, this may compromise image quality
● If available, turn on VoIP Mode - On applicable fax machines, this automatically reduces baud rate and disables ECM
● If VoIP mode is not available, enable Overseas mode (if available) - On applicable fax machines, this automatically reduces baud rate and disables ECM
The purpose of this article is to provide instructions for sending group text messages in the Rainbow Office Phone app.
This article contains information and steps for enabling "Fax Broadcasting", which, when enabled, allows you to send a fax message to 51 or more recipients at a time.
This article provides instructions on how Administrators and Users can view the company's dedicated fax number via the Rainbow Office online account.
This article provides instructions on how to compose and send a text message using the Rainbow Office Mobile app on your iOS device.
This article provides information about where you can view the faxes that are sent to your Rainbow Office number. Messages are stored securely in your account, and can be delivered as email attachments.
This article provides information on how to check the status of your sent faxes in the Rainbow Office online account.