March 15, 2021
Article : 010390
Administrators need to connect the ATA Device and the Fax Machine to complete the ATA setup. This article describes the fifth(final) step you need to complete when setting up your Analog Telephone Adapter (ATA) for Sending and Receiving Faxes.
When you receive your Analog Telephone Adapter (ATA), connect it to your network and fax machine by following the steps below:
1. Connect the power adapter to the “DC 5V Adapter” slot, the small round hole on the right.
2. Connect the Ethernet cable from your router to the “Internet” slot.
3. Connect the Fax Machine RJ 11 cable to “Phone 1”
4. When using an analog fax machine to send or receive Rainbow Office faxes, the following settings are recommended. These settings can be found on the fax machine's R/W parameters or Advanced Fax Settings
NOTE: For specific instructions, refer to the fax machine’s manual or support.
● Set the Baud Rate to 7200 bps - Most analog fax machines transmit at 14400bps. Speeds this fast will magnify any latency, jitter or packet loss present
● Make sure that the ECM (Error Correction Management) is turned OFF - ECM analyzes incoming data for corruption, which can increase latency. In some cases, this may compromise image quality
● If available, turn on VoIP Mode - On applicable fax machines, this automatically reduces baud rate and disables ECM
● If VoIP mode is not available, enable Overseas mode (if available) - On applicable fax machines, this automatically reduces baud rate and disables ECM