March 15, 2021
Article : 011690
This article provides information on how to install Rainbow Office Meeting Scheduler for Outlook add-in.
Depending on your internet connection, the installation process can take anywhere from 3 to 5 minutes.
IMPORTANT: All Windows XML-based add-ins will not function if Internet Explorer 11 is uninstalled.
1. Launch Microsoft Outlook.
2. Click the Get Add-ins icon, usually located on the right side of the toolbar.
3. In the general add-ins page, click My add-ins in the left selection pane, then scroll down and click Add a custom add-in.
4. Click Add from URL.
5. In the pop-up window, copy and paste this URL on the space provided: https://video.rainbowoffice.com/outlook.xml. Click OK.
6. Click Install on the Warning window.
7. Close the add-in page after confirming that the Rainbow Office Video add-in has been added.
8. To schedule a new meeting, go to Home > New Items > Meeting.
9. Click Add Rainbow Office Video.
10. Enable your preferred Meeting settings.
● Use Personal Meeting ID: Replaces the system-generated Meeting ID with the indicated Personal Meeting ID.
● Allow join before host: Allows participants to join the meeting before the host.
● Mute audio for participants: Automatically mutes the audio of the participants. They can still re-enable it once they have joined the meeting.
● Turn off camera for participants: Automatically disables video sharing of the participants. They can still share it once they have joined the meeting.
● Require password: Prompts the participants to enter the password to join the meeting. When setting up the meeting, you will be asked to enter a numeric password of up to 10 characters.
11. Clicking Add meeting will insert join information into the calendar invitation. Click Send.