This article provides instructions on how to access and set the microphone settings in the Rainbow Office softphone.
When you connect a headset and/or speaker to your computer, you need to ensure it is set as the audio source in the Rainbow Office softphone for inbound and/or outbound audio to work. Follow the instructions below to set the default microphone and speaker settings.
IMPORTANT: Ensure that the microphone or headset drivers are successfully installed in the computer. The Rainbow Office softphone will not detect any audio device if they are not properly installed. Refer to the device user manual for assistance if needed.
1. Log in to the Rainbow Office softphone
2. Click the Gear (View settings) icon on the bottom pane.
3. Click Notifications and sounds on the left menu, then click the Sounds tab.
4. In the Microphone section, click the drop-down menu and select the appropriate device. You can also set the speaker for outbound audio.
5. To test if inbound audio is detected, speak into the mic or headset and check the audio indicator bar.
This article describes the Secure Voice Transport encryption and how to configure Secure Voice Transport on 3rd party desk phones in Rainbow Office.
This article describes how to access, configure, and generate a RingMe button or link which you can use for your website or Email Signature.
This article discusses the two methods of recording a call in Rainbow Office.
This article provides information on how to set your availability to Do Not Disturb in various Rainbow Office platforms.
This article provides instructions on how to allow Presence monitoring on a user extension.
This article provides information about the new EU Essentials offering of Rainbow Office.