This article provides instructions on how to access and set the microphone settings in the Rainbow Office softphone.
When you connect a headset and/or speaker to your computer, you need to ensure it is set as the audio source in the Rainbow Office softphone for inbound and/or outbound audio to work. Follow the instructions below to set the default microphone and speaker settings.
IMPORTANT: Ensure that the microphone or headset drivers are successfully installed in the computer. The Rainbow Office softphone will not detect any audio device if they are not properly installed. Refer to the device user manual for assistance if needed.
1. Log in to the Rainbow Office softphone
2. Click the Gear (View settings) icon on the bottom pane.
3. Click Notifications and sounds on the left menu, then click the Sounds tab.
4. In the Microphone section, click the drop-down menu and select the appropriate device. You can also set the speaker for outbound audio.
5. To test if inbound audio is detected, speak into the mic or headset and check the audio indicator bar.
This article provides information about the new EU Essentials offering of Rainbow Office.
This article provides basic troubleshooting steps for common issues on your IP Phone and steps to resolve issues specific to your phone model. The most common issues you might encounter with your IP Phones include the inability to place or receive calls, poor audio and call quality issues, and having the wrong date and time setting on your desk phone.
This article provides information about Spectralink Multi-Cell DECT devices that can be used as a Rainbow Office phone.
This article gives information on how Users set up Call Screening feature.
This article provides instructions on how admins and users can configure the Call Flip settings on the Rainbow Office online account.
This article provides instructions for Users on how to set up the User Greeting feature.