March 15, 2021
Article : 039888
This article provides the instructions for sending and receiving faxes in the Rainbow Office app.
About sending and receiving a fax
You can send, receive, and manage faxes at any time in the Rainbow Office app. There are several ways to send a fax, including the following:
• Send a fax via the New actions plus button located at top right in the app.
• Send a fax via the New fax quick creation button in the Phone menu.
For the purpose of this article, let’s discuss how to send a fax via the New actions button.
Sending a fax
To send a fax via the New actions button, follow these steps:
1. Select the New actions plus button located at top right
2. Click Send new fax from the dropdown menu
3. Enter a fax number in the To field
4. Select a theme for your cover page via the Cover page dropdown menu (default is Blank)
5. Add any notes in the Cover page note text box (optional)
6. Select the Attach file paperclip icon and select any files you’d like to fax
7. Select Send now to send the fax immediately
NOTE: If you’d like to send a fax at a later date, you can choose the Send later button and configure the date and time you would like to automatically send the fax.
Configuring the New fax settings
Now that we’ve covered how to send a fax, let’s review in detail each of the fields you see while preparing to send a new fax.
• To: This is where you enter the fax number of the recipient.
• Cover page: Click on this dropdown menu to reveal a list of templates you can use for your cover page. Hover your mouse over any of the templates, and click the Preview eye icon that appears at far right to preview what that template looks like.
• Cover page note: Type a note in this field to include in the cover page.
• Attach file: Select the paperclip icon to search for and attach the file(s) you want to fax. The max size you can fax is 50MB.
• Send later: Select this button if you want to send your fax at a later date and time. This will open a modal window with the following settings:
◦ Due date: This is the date on which you’d like the fax delivered.
◦ Due time: This is the time on the specified date on which you’d like the fax delivered.
• Send now: Select this button if you’d like to send the fax immediately.
Once you’ve sent a fax, you can view that fax by navigating to Phone via the side menu bar and clicking on the Sent tab under the Fax section in the left pane. Here, you can view the status of the sent fax and perform actions such as downloading the fax, viewing that fax, and more.
Receiving a fax
When someone sends you a fax, that fax appears in the Received page under the Fax section in the Phone menu. Received faxes appear as unread in the Rainbow Office app until you navigate to the Received page and view that fax.
To view a fax follow these steps:
1. Navigate to Phone via the side menu bar
2. Select the Received tab under the Fax section
3. Hover your mouse over the unread fax and click the View eye icon that appears at far right
Once you open a fax, it opens in a new tab or window and is marked as read.