March 15, 2021
Article : 039896
This article provides the instructions on how to add a new user in the Rainbow Office online account or Phone app.
Adding new users
If you’re an administrator on your company account or a user given the proper permissions, you will be able to add an unlimited number of contacts — that is, Rainbow Office Phone app users — to your company account at any time.
There are three types of users in the Rainbow Office Phone app that you can add: administrators, co-workers, and guest users. In this article, we’ll discuss how you can invite a co-worker or guest user.
If you do not have the ability to invite a new user, this could be because your administrators have disabled this permission at the account level. If you feel you should have the ability to invite a new user, please reach out to an administrator on your company account.
There are multiple ways that you can add a new user to your company account, including some of the following:
• By selecting an option under Invite to Rainbow Office when you click on the New actions plus button at top right
• By selecting the Create new contact person icon via the Contacts menu in the side menu bar
• By sending a new message to a person outside of the Rainbow Office Phone app
• By inviting a person outside of the Rainbow Office Phone app to a team or group
For the purpose of this article, however, we’ll discuss one method for inviting new users to the Rainbow Office Phone app: inviting new users via the Invite to Rainbow Office option under the New actions plus button.
Inviting new users
To invite new users to the Rainbow Office Phone app, follow these steps:
1. Select the New actions plus button at the top right-hand side of the app
2. Hover your mouse over the Invite to Rainbow Office option to reveal a dropdown menu of invitation options
3. From the dropdown menu, choose from one of the following options to send that invite: By email, By text, or By sharing a link
4. Configure the appropriate settings based on the option you selected in the previous step (more on that below)
When you choose one of the options under the Invite to Rainbow Office option, additional actions are required in order to successfully invite a user. Let’s review how you can finish inviting a user once each of the options (by email, by text, or by sharing a link) discussed above.
Inviting new users by email
If you selected the option to invite a user by email via the Invite to Rainbow Office option, follow these steps:
1. Enter a semicolon- or comma-separated list of email addresses you’d like to send an invitation to (max is 20 emails)
2. Select Invite to send an email invitation to each of the provided email addresses
Inviting new users by text
If you selected By text via the Invite to Rainbow Office option, follow these steps:
1. Provide a phone number in the To field and press Enter or Return on your keyboard
2. Select the Next button to be taken to the text message conversation with that number
3. In the message field at the bottom of the app, make any necessary changes to the prepopulated invite message
4. Send the text message by pressing Enter or Return on your keyboard
NOTE: The option to invite by text message is only available if your company has text messaging enabled at the account level. Additionally, only administrators with a direct number can send text messages, and therefore, invite new users by text.
Inviting news users by sharing a link
If you selected By sharing a link from the Invite to Rainbow Office option, follow these steps:
1. Click the Share invite link via email button
2. Enter a list of email addresses you’d like to send the invitation line to via the default email app that opens
3. Send the email
NOTE: You may also select the Copy paper icon to copy the link and send that link to any person you’d like to invite to your company account.