This article provides instructions for starting a conference call in the Rainbow Office online account and desktop app.
About conference calls
There may be times where you need to hold a call with two or more people. With the Rainbow Office app, you can do this by starting a conference call between these contacts. There are several ways to start a conference call within the app, including the following:
• By clicking Start conference call or the Start conference call circles button anywhere you find it in the app.
• By converting a live call into a conference call via the dial pad.
Let’s review how to start a conference call using the methods discussed above.
Starting a conference call
As we discussed above, one way you can start a conference call is by selecting Start a conference call anywhere you find it in the app. You can find this button in any team and group conversation and selecting this button will allow you to start a conference call with all members of that team or group simultaneously.
To start a conference call, follow these steps:
1. Navigate to Message via the side menu bar
2. Select a group or team conversation via the conversation list
3. Click the More kebab menu at top right in the center pane
4. Click Start conference call
5. Select Start in the Start an audio conference? modal window
Once you start a conference call, the dial pad appears on your screen indicating an active conference call.
Joining a conference call
Once someone starts a conference call in a team or group, a message will appear in the message thread. This message will contain options for joining a conference call.
• Dial-in number: This is the regional or global number that the team or group members can use to dial into the conference call.
• Host access: This is the number the host (the person who starts the call) will use to dial in to the conference call.
• Participant access: This is the number the guests will use to dial in to the conference call.
• Join: Click this button to join the conference call.
Converting a live call into a conference call
Another way you can start a conference call is by converting a live call into a conference call. You can do this by following these steps:
1. While on a call, select the Add plus button on your dial pad
2. Dial the number of the person you’d like to add to the call
3. Once the call connects with the second person, select the Merge to conference button at the bottom of the dial pad
If the call successfully merges, your dial pad will show the active conference call and you will be able to speak with everyone on the call.
Multiparty conferencing enhancement
Users can now create a Rainbow Office conference call upon merging calls. This allows users to easily share the invite of the conference to more people via email or message, and a Rainbow Office conference call supports up to 1,000 participants including the host.
In the midst of a call, if a user wanted to include more people into the discussion, s/he could only add them one by one by calling each and merging the calls, making the workflow tedious.
Additionally, the former conference system had limited capacity.
User can select invite via Email or message
This article provides information about the new EU Essentials offering of Rainbow Office.
This article provides basic troubleshooting steps for common issues on your IP Phone and steps to resolve issues specific to your phone model. The most common issues you might encounter with your IP Phones include the inability to place or receive calls, poor audio and call quality issues, and having the wrong date and time setting on your desk phone.
This article provides information about Spectralink Multi-Cell DECT devices that can be used as a Rainbow Office phone.
This article gives information on how Users set up Call Screening feature.
This article provides instructions on how admins and users can configure the Call Flip settings on the Rainbow Office online account.
This article provides instructions for Users on how to set up the User Greeting feature.