This article provides the information on how to configure the phone settings in the Rainbow Office web app and Phone app.
In the Phone settings page, you can configure your default outbound Caller ID, country code, and area-code formatting from the phone settings in the Rainbow Office app. You can also update your local emergency address in case you need to contact emergency services.
To access your phone settings, click the Settings gear icon in the bottom left corner of the Rainbow Office app screen, and then click Phone on the left pane.
Configuring the phone settings
On the Phone settings page, you can configure the following settings under General:
• Default phone app for calling: Select which app you'd like to use to make calls in this section. Click the dropdown menu and select either Rainbow Office or Rainbow Office softphone. Please note that Rainbow Office softphone is a stand-alone app, and selecting it will prevent you from answering calls within the unified Rainbow Office app. If Rainbow Office softphone is set for making calls and not yet installed, Rainbow Office app will prompt the user to install it for call handling.
• Caller ID: Lets you select your default caller ID for outbound calls. Click on the dropdown menu and choose your preferred number from the provided list. Please note that you can add your Caller ID on your Rainbow Office online account.
• Click to dial/fax: Allows you to select Rainbow Office app as the default app to automatically launch when clicking on any telephone number.
• Region: Lets you set the default country and area code for your region. This will be used for phone number formatting, as well as for local and emergency dialing. Click Edit to set your Country and Area code on the pop-up window, and click Save to confirm changes.
• Emergency address: Lets you update your physical address on record with Rainbow Office for emergency calls. Click Edit to update then click Confirm to save.
• Extension settings: Allows you to configure your extension settings. Click Edit to be redirected to the extension settings on your Rainbow Office online account where you can update call routing, voicemail greeting, and more.
You can configure the following settings under Incoming calls. These are only available in the Rainbow Office Phone app.:
• Bring app to front: Toggle on to bring the Rainbow Office Phone app to the foreground when there’s an incoming call. Toggle off if you don’t want to bring the Rainbow Office desktop app to the foreground when there’s an incoming call.
• Do not bring to foreground when minimized: Becomes available when Bring app to front setting is enabled. If you turn this setting on, you can run the Rainbow Office desktop app in quiet mode after you manually minimized the app window. In this case, the app will not be brought to the foreground when there’s an incoming call. If you turn this setting off, the Rainbow Office Phone app will be brought to the foreground even after you’ve manually minimized the app window.
Bringing the Rainbow Office Phone app to front upon incoming call
When there’s an incoming call and the Rainbow Office Phone app is not focused on your screen, you have the option to automatically bring the app to front. This way, you don’t have to manually click the app icon in the dock or click the desktop notification for the incoming call to bring the app to the foreground and view the call window.
To change the settings for bringing the Rainbow Office Phone app to front upon incoming call, follow these steps:
1. Navigate to Settings on the left-hand navigation bar
2. Select Phone on the left pane
3. Under Incoming calls, click the toggle switch at far right of Bring app to front to enable or disable this feature
4. If you enabled Bring app to front, you can toggle the switch at far right of Do not bring to foreground when minimized to on or off. When turned on, you can run the Rainbow Office app in quiet mode after you manually minimized the app window. In this case, the app will not be brought to the foreground when there’s an incoming call.
NOTE: By default, the Bring app to front setting is turned on.
This article provides information on how to set your availability to Do Not Disturb in various Rainbow Office platforms.
This article describes the Secure Voice Transport encryption and how to configure Secure Voice Transport on 3rd party desk phones in Rainbow Office.
This article discusses the two methods of recording a call in Rainbow Office.
This article describes how to access, configure, and generate a RingMe button or link which you can use for your website or Email Signature.
This article provides instructions on how to allow Presence monitoring on a user extension.
This article provides information about the new EU Essentials offering of Rainbow Office.