This article discusses how to navigate the user interface in the Rainbow Office web app and Phone app.
Introduction to navigating the app
Navigating the Rainbow Office web app and Phone app is pretty straightforward. The app is designed to be intuitive, but in case you need a quick primer, here are some of the major layout and navigation tips you’ll need to know to get started.
Navigating the Rainbow Office app
The Rainbow Office app is divided into several sections: the top header bar, the left navigation bar, the left pane, and the center pane.
Some of the information contained in each of these sections may change depending on which part of the app you are in, but there are two sections that stay the same no matter where you are: the left navigation bar and the top header bar.
Left-hand navigation bar
You can seamlessly transition between messaging, calls, and meetings within the app. This seamless experience is due to the left-hand navigation bar located on the far left-hand side of the screen, which you can use to easily navigate between the following features:
• Message: Send and receive messages, create and collaborate in teams, share files, create tasks, and more.
• Video: Start, schedule, and join meetings, manage recordings, view recent meetings, and more.
• Phone: Make and receive phone calls, send and receive text messages, manage your call history, listen to your voicemails, and more.
• Contacts: Add, view, and manage all your company contacts, including administrators, company users, and guest users. You can also create, view, and manage teams via this interface.
• Tasks and more: Use this interface to add, view, and manage your tasks, events, files and notes.
• Apps: Receive notifications in a conversation for subscribed updates on third-party services.
• Analytics: Only available as an administrator, select the bar graph icon to navigate to the Rainbow Office analytics portal.
• Settings: Configure your Rainbow Office app settings, including settings for notification and sounds, Message, Video, and Phone. You can also sync your calendar and view the app’s available keyboard shortcuts.
Top header bar
The top header is always available at the top of the app and contains (from left to right) your company name, back and forward arrows, a search bar, a dial pad, the New actions button, and your user info.
Back and forward buttons
You can use the back and forward buttons (the right and left-pointing arrows) to navigate to the page you visited previously (Back) or to return to the page you navigated away from (Forward). To view a list of previously visited pages, click on and hold the Back or Forward button.
The search bar can be used to search for contacts, groups, and teams in your company. You can also use the search bar to look for specific messages you or someone else has made in teams, groups, text messages, or direct messages you’re a part of.
The dial pad is located in the upper right-hand corner of your screen. If telephony has been enabled on your company account, you can use the dial pad to manually dial a number or type the name of another user from your company contacts to make a phone call.
Selecting the New actions plus button beside your user profile reveals a dropdown of actions you can take within the app. These actions appear no matter where you are within the app. Selecting any of these actions opens a modal window prompting you to input certain information in order to complete the action.
We’ll discuss each of these actions in more depth in upcoming articles, but let’s briefly review each of these actions:
• Send new message: Send a new message to someone.
• Create team: Create a new team.
• Start a video call: Start a Rainbow Office Video meeting. You can add participants once in the meeting.
• Schedule a video meeting: Opens a modal window for you to schedule a new meeting.
• Send new text: Send a new text message.
• Send new fax: Send a new fax.
• Invite to Rainbow Office: Hover your mouse over this setting to reveal a set of options for inviting new users to the Rainbow Office app. Options include By email, By text, and By sharing a link.
Select your profile menu, represented by your profile picture, in the top right-hand corner to reveal a dropdown menu containing the following options:
• Profile: Select View profile to open your profile and make changes to your information and profile picture.
• Status: Select Share status to create a status to share with others and Clear status to clear your existing status.
• Presence: Set your Rainbow Office app presence by hovering over your current status and selecting from a list of options from a dropdown menu. Options include Available, Do not disturb, and Invisible.
• What’s new: Opens the release notes from the Rainbow Office support site. This shows the new features of the Rainbow Office app.
• Accept queue calls: Only available to admins and users that are part of a call queue, click the Accept queue calls toggle to enable or disable this option.
• About: Select the About button to learn more about which version of the app you’re running and the Rainbow Office app security, privacy notice, terms of service, and acceptable use policy.
• Manage account: Only available to admins, this opens the Rainbow Office online account, so you can manage your settings.
• Help & Support: Click the Help & Support option to get Rainbow Office app support.
• Sign out: Select Sign out to log out of the Rainbow Office app.
No matter where you are in the app, you’ll find a left pane that allows you to navigate through the main parts of a particular menu option. However, the contents of this pane will differ depending on which menu option you’re using.
For example, in Message, this left pane contains a list of all direct messages, groups, and teams you have open.
One important feature of the left pane is the quick creation plus button. You may find that when you hover your mouse over any section name in the left pane, a plus button appears at far right.
Clicking this button will create an item associated with that section.
For example, if you’re in the Video menu, you can start a new meeting by hovering your mouse over the Meetings section name in the left pane and selecting the Start a video call plus button that appears at the far right.
Finally, each page in the app has a center pane, where you will spend most of your time interacting within the app. The center pane will differ depending on where you are within the app.
For example, in Message, the center pane is your message thread, containing the history of a particular conversation. In Video, if you’re on the Meetings page, this page will contain a list of scheduled meetings for the day as well as action buttons to start, schedule, or join a meeting.
This article provides information about the new EU Essentials offering of Rainbow Office.
This article provides basic troubleshooting steps for common issues on your IP Phone and steps to resolve issues specific to your phone model. The most common issues you might encounter with your IP Phones include the inability to place or receive calls, poor audio and call quality issues, and having the wrong date and time setting on your desk phone.
This article provides information about Spectralink Multi-Cell DECT devices that can be used as a Rainbow Office phone.
This article gives information on how Users set up Call Screening feature.
This article provides instructions on how admins and users can configure the Call Flip settings on the Rainbow Office online account.
This article provides instructions for Users on how to set up the User Greeting feature.