This article contains an overview of how to setup BYOD phones to work with your Rainbow Office service.
To set up and provision 3rd-Party/BYOD including some ALE phones with Rainbow Office, follow the steps below:
1. Ensure the device is unlocked before provisioning. Contact your previous service provider support to unlock the phone if needed
2. Check if your device is supported by either Assisted or Manual Provisioning
3. Depending on your phone's compatibility, you may either configure with Assisted Provisioning or Manual Provisioning
4. You need to add a DigitalLine before you can configure your phone via assisted provisioning
5. Set up the device as 3rd Party BYOD via Assisted provisioning for Yealink, Polycom, Cisco and ALE phones
6. For Manual Provisioning, you will need to get the SIP settings
This article provides information on how to set your availability to Do Not Disturb in various Rainbow Office platforms.
This article describes the Secure Voice Transport encryption and how to configure Secure Voice Transport on 3rd party desk phones in Rainbow Office.
This article discusses the two methods of recording a call in Rainbow Office.
This article describes how to access, configure, and generate a RingMe button or link which you can use for your website or Email Signature.
This article provides instructions on how to allow Presence monitoring on a user extension.
This article provides information about the new EU Essentials offering of Rainbow Office.