July 31, 2021
Article : 068302
This article discusses how to view the meeting participants in a Rainbow Office Video meeting on mobile.
Viewing participants via gallery view
You can tap and choose one of the following displays from the layout switcher on the meeting screen:
● Filmstrip: View the active speaker at the center, then displays other participants at the bottom.
● Active speaker: View just the active speaker.
● Gallery: View all the participants on the screen. It highlights the participant speaking. This is the default view upon joining a meeting. The main screen in Rainbow Office Video displays:
○ iOS phone: 4 participants
○ Android phone: 4 participants
○ Tablet (iOS and Android): 9 participants in landscape and 8 in portrait mode
Pinning participant’s video window
You can pin any participant in a meeting so their video window is constantly displayed on your meeting screen. With the pin participants feature, you can:
● view the pinned participants in filmstrip view (by default). You can tap and switch to gallery view at any time.
● pin a maximum of 3 participants in mobile and 6 on a tablet device.
● remove pinned participants at any time.
There are two ways to pin a participant’s video while in a meeting:
1. Tap and hold the participant's thumbnail or initials on the main meeting screen, then tap Pin participant
2. Tap Participants at the bottom menu bar, then tap the three-dot More icon at the far right of their name, then tap Pin participant
Removing pinned participants
If you would like to remove a pinned participant’s video, you can in four ways:
1. Tap and hold the pinned participant’s thumbnail or initials, then tap Remove pin
2. Tap the layout switcher on the meeting screen, then tap Remove all pins. This will remove all pinned participants’ video windows
3. Tap Participants at the bottom menu bar, then tap the three-dot More icon at the far right of the participant’s name, then tap Remove pin
4. Tap Participants at the bottom menu bar, then tap the three-dot More icon at the top right to remove all pinned participants’ video windows
Tap Participants at the bottom menu bar to access the following:
● the total number of meeting attendees
● the list of meeting participant names
● pin and remove participants’ video window
● attendees that have been removed or disconnected from the meeting
As a meeting attendee, you can access the following in-meeting controls via the Participants menu:
● Remove all pins: Tap the three-dot More icon at the top right to remove all pinned participants’ video window.
● Invite people: Tap to invite participants.
● Mute/Unmute: Tap the microphone icon to mute or unmute your microphone.
● Start/Stop video: Tap the video icon to turn your video camera on or off.
● More: Tap the three-dot More icon at the far right of the participant’s name to access the following:
○ Pin participant: Tap to pin participant’s video window.
○ Remove pin: Tap to remove the pin on the participant’s video window.
If you are the host or moderator of the meeting, you can access other in-meeting controls via Participant’s view that is only available to hosts.
Moving filmstrip view to the top and bottom edges on tablet
During a meeting via Rainbow Office Video, the filmstrip view displays the active speaker at the center and the other participants at either the top or bottom.
You can move the filmstrip view around on your iPad or tablet however you like.
NOTE: Filmstrip view is only available when there are three or more participants in a Rainbow Office Video meeting.
Moving filmstrip view via the Settings page
1. Tap your profile picture.
2. Under Settings, tap Video.
3. Tap Filmstrip location.
4. Select Top or Bottom.
Moving filmstrip view during a meeting
1. On the Rainbow Office Video active meeting screen, tap the More three-dot icon at the bottom.
2. Tap Filmstrip locations.
3. Select Top or Bottom.