This article contains everything you need to know about the form for whitelisting blacklisted international phone numbers.
Rainbow Office actively monitors activity on its network to protect customers from spam on inbound calls and fraud on outbound calls. By default, customers are blocked from calling certain international phone numbers (Blacklisted Destinations) because they are frequently implicated in fraudulent calling schemes.
Rainbow Office may, upon customer request and in its sole discretion, grant the customer access to a Blacklisted Destination. However, Rainbow Office generally recommends against opening blocked destinations because they represent a substantial fraud risk to the customers.
The Agreement for Whitelisting International Phone Numbers allows you to request that certain Blacklisted Destinations be whitelisted and sets out your responsibilities if your request is granted.
Currently, Rainbow Office does NOT support calling 00800 Universal International Freephone Numbers (UIFN). See Universal International Freephone Numbers (UIFN) Support for more information.
- You acknowledge and agree that the Blacklisted Destinations to which you have requested access are frequently implicated in fraudulent calls.
- You assume the risk of fraud resulting from Whitelisted Destinations and shall be responsible for monitoring for fraud on your account.
- You agree that you shall continuously monitor your account for, and immediately notify Rainbow Office of, fraudulent or improper use.
In the event your account is used fraudulently in connection with the Blacklisted Destinations, Rainbow Office reserves the right to immediately and irrevocably deny your account access to the Blacklisted Destinations.
What to expect after submitting the form?
Upon completion and submission of the Agreement for Whitelisting International Phone Numbers, the Rainbow Office Fraud team will review and approve your request at its sole discretion. If approved, the requested inbound caller IDs and/or outbound destinations will be whitelisted.
What you need to do if your request is granted?
- You must update the passwords on all mailboxes on your account to the strongest level allowable.
- Ensure that your account is not used in any fraudulent scheme to make calls or faxes to or from these Blacklisted Destinations.
To submit the form once filled in, follow the steps detailed in Enable Blocked International Calling Destinations.
This article provides information about the payphone surcharges in Rainbow Office.
This article provides information about the Limited Extension feature in Rainbow Office.
This article contains steps on how Administrators can set up the Rainbow Office Dial-by-Name Directory feature.
This article provides information on the Call Queue feature in the Rainbow Office online account.
This article discusses the options available to Rainbow Office users when backing up their account data. It also provides data retention guidelines for the account in general as well as for the Analytics Portal.
This article covers how Administrators can route company calls directly to an extension via the Rainbow Office online account.