This article contains general information about using a forwarded number (from a different carrier) as your Rainbow Office account's outbound caller ID.
When a third-party number is set to forward calls to your Rainbow Office number, the Rainbow Office account administrator may opt to use the third-party number as the Rainbow Office account's outbound caller ID. After one successful forwarded call is detected, that forwarded number can be used as your Rainbow Office account's outbound caller ID moving forward.
NOTE: This feature only applies when you want to maintain your existing number with your current provider (third-party provider).
The feature does not work with numbers that are in the process of being ported/transferred to Rainbow Office
Phone number used as a substitute caller ID must be removed from the account if it is being ported/transferred to Rainbow Office prior to the completion of the number transfer request. Failure to do so will render the phone number out of service.
Enable Substitute Caller ID
The numbers to be used as the Caller ID must already be added to the account as “Forwarded Numbers”. We consider the first forwarded call a “verification” that you own the number.
1. Open the Rainbow Office Support page.
2. Click on Open a Service Ticket.
3. Fill in the ticket information and enter “Substitute Caller ID” as subject
4. Click on Agree & Send My Inquiry
5. Rainbow Office Support team will contact within 48 hours and will provide you the Agreement form for Caller ID substitution.
6. Read and understand the Agreement form and fill it in.
7. Send the form by email to the Rainbow Office Support team with the following documents:
- Bill-copy showing ownership of the numbers to be used as the Caller ID (Attachment A)
- A .csv file containing the list of the relevant telephone numbers in E.164 format. Format example: 16505551212 (country code in front of the number)
This article provides instructions on how Administrators can add a toll-free number to the Rainbow Office online account.
This article provides information about the RelayUK Calling feature in the Rainbow Office.
This article provides instructions on how administrators, call queue managers, and call queue members can change their queue and member status.
This article provides information about the new EU Essentials offering of Rainbow Office.
This article provides information about the call control support in the Rainbow Office for ServiceNow, SugarCRM, Bullhorn and Netsuite.
This article provides instructions on how to change the ownership of a Live Reports dashboard from a user who has been deleted from the Rainbow Office account.