September 10, 2021
Article : 068881
This article provides information about the Limited Extension feature in Rainbow Office.
The Limited Extension is an extension with limited features offered at a lower price. Limited Extension is available for Rainbow Office Standard, Premium, or Ultimate subscriptions.
• Allows Rainbow Office administrators the flexibility to purchase limited extensions for several common area phones that are not tied to a specific user (conference room, lobby, break room, etc.)
• Limited feature set; primarily used for making & receiving calls.
• Administrators can control whether or not international calls are allowed.
• Phone service with cloud call management/ extension calling
• Caller ID Setup
• Local DigitalLine phone number/device
• No softphone / Rainbow Office Phone supported
• No mailbox for voicemails
• Intercom and paging are not supported
• Disabled by default; contact Rainbow Office Support to enable adding a limited extension to your account
• Faxing is not supported
• Analytics reporting is not supported
• This extension has limited features and is not tied to a specific user
Resend an email invitation to activate the Limited extension
In case the user does not receive an email to activate the Limited Extension, the Administrator can resend a welcome email:
1. Log in to the Rainbow Office online account
2. On the Quick Access page, go to > Groups > Manage Groups > Limited Extensions
3. Click the More icon (three vertical dots), then click Resend Invitation. If you want to send the action email to a different email address, click the Limited Extension, go to the Limited Extension Details section, update the email address, then click Send Invite