- New products are building the foundation for tomorrow’s digital business
- Delivering the network infrastructure upgrade required to support increased use of mobility and IoT
- Innovative IoT containment technology provides the security to ensure applications and respective sensors/devices run successfully
ALE is delivering new products that help enterprise network infrastructures evolve to accommodate the growth of mobility and IoT in business.
ALE, operating under the Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise brand, is introducing new network infrastructure products that address two major forces shaping tomorrow’s digital business: Mobility and Internet of Things (IoT). These new products will be introduced at Interop Las Vegas taking place May 2-6, 2016 at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center.
The growing adoption of enterprise mobility and IoT are creating a need for businesses to reconsider the performance, reliability, and security of their network infrastructure. The existing network infrastructure is struggling to carry the load caused by employees increasingly using mobile devices and applications in the workplace, and the adoption of IoT in various departments. According to a Gartner report¹, IoT endpoints will grow to 20.8 billion units in 2020, from 5 billion units today. This combination of mobility and IoT creates a need for networks to provide higher resiliency, tighter security, more wireless coverage, higher performance and the ability to contain IoT traffic.
The new Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise products support mobility and IoT while leveraging proven Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise Unified Access, Smart Analytics, and the award winning Intelligent Fabric technologies. The new products include:
- Three versions of Wave 2 Wi-Fi access points that support the growth in mobile device density, and the need for faster throughput.
- A new multi-Gig stackable LAN access switch, the Alcatel-Lucent OmniSwitch® 6860E-P24Z8, offers 2.5G ports, high-power Power over Ethernet (75W), and deep packet inspection capabilities to support the traffic increase from the new access points and provide IoT traffic containment.
- An industrial grade, compact, ruggedized Gigabit Ethernet LAN access switch, the Alcatel-Lucent OmniSwitch 6865, supports the rising demand for IoT device connectivity in harsh environments. Some examples include transportation and traffic control systems, power utilities, and industrial factory floor installations. These surroundings and any outdoor installations typically have demanding environmental conditions, including humidity, dust and severe temperature fluctuations.
- And a new, versatile chassis-based LAN switch, the Alcatel-Lucent OmniSwitch 9900, to meet the needs of the network traffic growth while delivering high performance and reliability from the edge to the core.
QuotesStephane Robineau, Executive Vice President, GM, Network business, ALE: “The two major forces shaping tomorrow’s digital business – mobility and IoT – are challenging IT departments to think beyond employees, to include customers and visitors and how they interact with the business. Additionally, IT needs to support more departments requesting connectivity for their IoT devices and applications. Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise IoT containment helps secure and simplify the operations by leveraging automation from the Intelligent Fabric technology.”
Interop is the leading global IT infrastructure event series, offering in-depth education alongside a showcase of emerging technologies in an independent, vendor-neutral environment. For 30 years, Interop has brought the IT community together to explore the latest in network infrastructure, encouraging collaboration, and interoperability. Through dynamic conference programs, Interop helps professionals at all career levels leverage the network, systems and applications that enable business innovation. The Interop Expo and InteropNet Demo Lab provide immersive, hands-on experiences, while connecting enterprise IT buyers with leading suppliers. Interop Las Vegas is the flagship event held each spring, with an annual event in Tokyo and Cloud Connect China in Shanghai. For more information, visit interop.com. Interop is organized by UBM Americas, a part of UBM plc (UBM.L), an Events First marketing and communications services business. For more information, visit ubmamericas.com.
¹Gartner Report: Infrastructure and Operations Leaders: Prepare for the IoT Rush, 1 March 2016