septiembre 10, 2021
Article : 068949
This article contains information about Rainbow Office's Compliance Export feature such as its availability, how to access it, and how it works.
Compliance Exports is a special Rainbow Office feature, specifically built for companies and regulated industries, such as financial services, with compliance requirements for using electronic communication in the workplace. This feature is also a fail-safe way of preserving business communications for legal discovery or internal review.
• All Rainbow Office accounts
• Rainbow Office Meetings Essentials
• Rainbow Office Meetings Advanced
• Rainbow Office App Standard accounts
• The Compliance Exports section will appear on the Rainbow Office Classic's Administration page if the feature is included in your subscription. Only account administrators can access and enable Compliance Exports via the Administration page. When enabled, Administrators can grant access to other admins as well
• If you are an administrator and require access to this page, please contact Rainbow Office Support for account verification so that you can be granted access
How to enable Compliance Exports
Follow the steps below to enable Compliance Exports:
1. Click on your profile picture, click Administration
2. Scroll down to Compliance Exports
3. Click the toggle switch to enable the feature
When Compliance Exports is enabled, you can perform the following actions:
• Add other admins who can request and download exports
1. Click Manage
2. Select from the list of admins
3. Click Save
• Request for an export
1. Click Request
2. Select from the pre-defined date range or create a custom date range
3. Click Submit
How do Compliance Exports work
• Compliance export out can have a maximum of 3 downloadable files per export. This largely depends on the amount of data being exported
• Admins need to manually refresh the page or check back after a time period to see the downloadable export files. When available, click the Download button
• Exports can be run continuously so long as the previous job is finished
• Completed requests are available for download for 30 days
What happens with Compliance Exports?
• The export will pull anything from the selected date range, including messages that were deleted before the feature was enabled
What do the exports look like?
Each export is delivered as a compressed .zip file. When you open this file you'll see that the top-level folder contains four sub-folders.
• People_And_Groups - This folder contains a users.json file that lists all conversations with individual people. This includes both one-on-one conversations, as well as multi-person conversations.
• Teams - This folder contains a teams.json file that lists all teams.
• People_Chats - This folder contains a sub-folder for all conversations with individual people, and within each of those sub-folders is a json file corresponding to each date within the date range of the export.
• Team_Chats - This folder contains a sub-folder for all teams, and within each of those sub-folders is a json file corresponding to each date within the date range of the export.
Only teams and multi-person people chats (i.e., three (3) or more people) that are "owned" by your company are included in the export. Your company owns a conversation when it is started by one of your co-workers. On the other hand, all one-on-one people chats (i.e., conversation between two specific people) are included that include one of your co-workers, regardless of which company owns the conversation.
NOTE: If you have difficulties viewing the .json file, you can go to these sites to convert it to a .csv file. You can use the resources below:
If the requested export has not yet been completed after more than 24 to 48 hours, please contact Rainbow Office support so that it can be manually completed.