The district wanted to simplify its wired and wireless networks with a high quality bandwidth to support the 1-to-1 initiative , one device per student, as well as enable e-learning. It also needed network redundancy to ensure the system was reliable enough to allow the district to do all state-mandated testing online.
- Pays: États-Unis
- Secteur d'activité: Éducation
- Solution: Campus mobile
Rome City Schools is a school district located in Floyd County, Georgia that serves the city of Rome and its surrounding area. The K-12 district is home to 10 schools: 7 elementary schools, 1 middle school, 1 high school and 1 alternative school. The Rome City Schools community has about 6300 students and 500 employees, including faculty.
- The enterprise-class network, including a 10Gig backbone, has brought the district’s technical capacity to the next level and enables state mandated testing to be carried out 100% online.
- Universal network profile allows users and devices to move throughout the network and have the correct network access and performance applied automatically.
- With upgraded wireless, the first 2000 laptops bought for the 1-to-1 initiative have finally been put to use.
- Maintenance needs dropped significantly thanks to system reliability (less than 1% failure rate).
- The user experience has vastly improved for students, faculty, staff and visitors.
- Reliable wireless is now available at all schools, powering BYOD and school devices to support student learning anytime, anywhere.