Transit Wireless provides connectivity for the New York City subway through a large fiber network spanning 4 boroughs and 276 subway stations.
- 국가: 미국
- 산업: 운송
- 해결책: 모바일 캠퍼스
Business Partner: Myriad Supply Company, LLC
As an industry leader in cellular, Wi-Fi, co-location facility and fiber network infrastructure design and development, Transit Wireless continuously delivers innovative solutions that expand and improve communications for public and private applications.
Transit Wireless had heard about the reliability of the OmniSwitch 6855 and was satisfied that the switch’s passive cooling mechanism could withstand scorching temperatures. In addition, the company was convinced by the port density and aggregate throughput capabilities.
Transit Wireless Customer Video
- OmniSwitch 6855
- Mobility Campus
- The passive cooling, fan-less design makes the OmniSwitch 6855 very reliable despite the harsh environment; a critical benefit given the switch’s importance.
- All traffic in and out of the subway station passes through the OmniSwitch 6855.
- Over 330,000 users per day can connect to the Wi-Fi thanks to high throughput (including 10Gig uplinks), great port density and excellent traffic management.
- The open standards support has proven essential in Transit Wireless’ heterogeneous multi-vendor environment.
- The expandable network will support new growth initiatives like the upcoming 802.11ac rollout and the implementation of new HD displays and safety points.
- Savings are achieved thanks to support for link aggregation that provides options for simpler, more cost effective deployment.
- The quality of Wi-Fi services is an important selling point for partners and advertisers, representing a significant revenue opportunity going forward.
- Subway passengers benefit from cellular, Wi-Fi, and E911 services across all of New York’s stations.
- Owing to the network’s reliability, users enjoy added services from partner companies.
- For example, Penguin Books’ “Subway Reads” program offered free e-books, delivered on the subway platform, for transit users.