The university previously deployed Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise business telephony solutions that had met their high expectations.
- 국가: 콜롬비아
- 산업: 교육
- 해결책: Autonomous Network
Founded in 1803, the University of Antioquia (UdeA) in Medellín is the second largest public university in Colombia.
Renowned as one of the country’s main research universities, it also hosts over 200 academic programs including 27 doctorate programs.
It has one main campus and 12 regional campuses, with a total of 39,000 students.
Moreover, the proposed Unified Access solution allowed the university to build on the existing infrastructure and improve the general performance of the network.
- OmniVista 2500 Network Management System
- OmniAccess WLAN Access Points
- Mobile Campus
- The wired and wireless network now provides the high capacity and stability needed for effective connections throughout the university campuses.
- The network performance for the high-density environment is optimal, with connectivity for up to 200 student and staff devices per access point, and the possibility of adding modules to allow for future expansion.
- By using a single vendor for its networking and telephony solutions, UdeA benefits from a simplified and converged solution.
- New faster connectivity enables the university to cost effectively implement administrative procedures that support core activities, such as course development and research.
- The network solution is scalable, giving UdeA greater flexibility to keep growing and add value to the university.
- Students and staff are satisfied with the wireless service. They can easily connect their mobile devices anywhere on campus and enjoy high quality connectivity.
- The new infrastructure supports innovative teaching and learning methods, positively impacting education and campus life for students and faculty.