Sardegna Ricerche introduced a new network with better and faster access to all the companies and people using the network.
- Country: Italy
- Industry: Government
- Solution: Data Center
The Region of Sardinia set up Sardegna Ricerche in 1985 to promote research, technology transfer, and development of economic knowledge. In addition, Sardegna Ricerche manages and develops the Science and Technology Park of Sardinia, and provides services for small and medium-sized enterprises to support the introduction of new technologies and products.
- OmniSwitch 10K Modular LAN Chassis
- OmniSwitch 6900 Stackable LAN Switch
- OmniSwitch 9700E Chassis LAN Switch
- OmniVista 2500 Network Management System
- Data Center
- Sardegna Ricerche has a high capacity and high reliability network (40G full redundant), PoE support for the new VoIP platform and increased hardware reliability.
- Management and maintenance costs have been optimized thanks to the network standardization of IT practices.
- All the companies and people using the network now have better and faster access thanks to the ease of user profiling and can work independently outside of the central location.