We help you connect transport systems with technology that works; for your people, your passengers, and your services.
Transportation systems are evolving to meet the needs of a world on the move. From high-speed trains to self-driving cars, transportation solutions are harnessing the power of IP connectivity and the Internet of Things.
Getting people and things where they need to be, as efficiently as possible, is crucial in the transportation industry. A Communications Platform as a Service (CPaas) lets organizations develop new services to improve communications and collaborations to deliver true digital engagement.
New applications and services such as Rainbow and location-based services (LBS) help deliver a connected passenger experience by providing information about wait times for check-in and security, and location information for gates, restaurants and retail locations.
Increase safety: Sensors of every description feed a stream of information on everything from anomalies in speed, temperature and mechanical defects on railways, to the number of cars waiting at an intersection. ALE connected transportation solutions can help transport operators to proactively protect, detect and react by ensuring that critical information is processed and acted on to ensure staff and traveler safety.
Reduce congestion and energy use: Cities and urban regions around the world are facing increasing pressure on commuter systems, from road transportation to airport systems, to railway systems. Congestion is taking a toll on regional economic competitiveness, fuel use and the environment. The right network infrastructure solution lets you scale your resources to meet demand, with the agility to handle anything the rush hour can throw at you.
Improve operational performance: It’s all about improving the decision-making process, optimizing maintenance procedures, sticking to schedules, ensuring coordination and collaboration between stakeholders and fast recovery when operations are interrupted—without breaking the budget. New technologies can make daily operations faster and less expensive. For example, Power over Ethernet (PoE) simplifies device and sensor installation by eliminating wiring in hard-to-reach places. Centralized provisioning and automated deployment help operational personnel set up and start working fast. And, integrating a CPaaS solution, with business processes to provide communication and collaboration services between different stakeholders, is vital in this fast-moving mass transit industry.
Take services for persons with reduced mobility (PRM) to the next level with Rainbow CPaaS and LBS.
The hype surrounding the potential of IoT shows no sign of subsiding, and now it's morphing from a smart concept to reality - investment bank Goldman Sachs cites IoT as a $7tn opportunity by 2020.
Collaborative communications is essential for efficient seaport operations
- Improve operational efficiency: Our award-winning Intelligent Fabric (iFab) technology allows your operational teams to provision and maintain your network quickly and easily with self-healing and automated device discovery capabilities.
- Economical and secure: Shortest Path Bridging (SPB) helps build virtual private networks economically and significantly reduce re-convergence times, while avoiding the limitations of MPLS and Spanning Tree Protocol (STP).
- Robustness with PoE: Hardened Gigabit Ethernet switches designed for outdoor deployment with PoE capability can simplify device and Internet of Things (IoT) installation, such as security cameras.
- Easy to roll out: Our user-centric solutions ensure a manageable learning curve for personnel so they can get up and running quickly.
- Long term support: ALE provides up to 10 years support on key OmniSwitch products.
With our global reach and local focus, we provide networking and communications transport systems, to deliver mobility, security and safety.
Transportation Videos - Playlist