Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise’s consultative approach over the years has been very well received by Inspira Health Network customer.
- Country: United States Of America
- Industry: здравоохранение
- Solution: Бизнес телефония, Autonomous Network
Inspira Health Network operates over 60 clinical access points (hospitals, clinics, labs) throughout southern New Jersey.
They now operate a network of over 700 beds, employing 2000 nurses and 60 doctors. Inspira Health Network is the region’s leading network of health care providers, delivering the full continuum of primary, acute and advanced care services.
There have been multiple assessments involving the wired and wireless network, of nurse workflow and of the overall IT environment. In each case recommendations were made and a proposed roadmap was developed and implemented at a pace that made the most sense.
Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise’s broad portfolio and interoperability with existing infrastructure means Inspira is able to ask “Can Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise solve this problem”?
Inspira Health Network Customer Video
- Healthcare Solutions
- Business Telephony
- Mobile Campus
- OmniPCX Enterprise Communication Server
- OmniSwitch 6900 Stackable LAN Switch
- OmniSwitch 6850E Stackable LAN Switch
- OmniAccess AP105
- OmniAccess AP135
- OmniAccess AP175
- OmniAccess 4604
- OmniAccess 6000
- OmniTouch 8128 WLAN Handset
- OmniAccess WLAN Controllers 4604
- OmniAccess 6000
- Resilient ring topology for the MAN.
- Virtual chassis technology for a small-footprint yet high Capacity network core.
- Pervasive wireless for high performing applications.
- Unified access solution permits “single pane of glass” management of wired/wireless network, increasing IT efficiency.
- Quiet hospital leads to improved patient satisfaction, avoiding federal financial penalties.
- Meaningful use of EHR facilitated by “always-on” network provides federal grant money.
- WLAN phones integrated with nurse call increases nurse productivity and supports objective of “quiet hospital”, increasing patient satisfaction.
- Doctors benefit from a network that is “invisible”, permitting access to clinical applications wherever needed: at a desk, in the hall, or at home.