Scandic Central Elverum's new wireless solution provides free WiFi for up to 1000 hotel guests and conference attendees.
- Country: Norway
- Industry: гостеприимство
- Solution: Autonomous Network
The new Scandic Central Elverum is located in Elverum, Norway. The hotel has 90 guest rooms with IPTV, as well as conference facilities able to accommodate up to 1000 guests. Free WiFi is available for hotel guests and conference attendees. The Scandic Central Elverum is part of the Scandic hotel chain based in Stockholm, Sweden, with locations throughout the Nordic countries.
- Alcatel-Lucent OmniAccess® Stellar AP1101 WLAN Access Point
- Alcatel-Lucent OmniAccess Stellar AP1201H WLAN Access Point
- Alcatel-Lucent OmniAccess Stellar AP1231 WLAN Access Point
- Alcatel-Lucent OmniAccess 5720 Compact Enterprise Service Router
- Alcatel-Lucent OmniSwitch® 6350 Gigabit Ethernet LAN Switch
- Alcatel-Lucent OmniSwitch 6450 Stackable Gigabit Ethernet LAN Switch
- The hotel has one consistent network that is delivered and centrally controlled by a single partner.
- The solution was designed with a high density of Access Points to deliver strong ubiquitous WiFi despite the building’s thick concrete walls.
- The network solution enables IPTV in guest rooms, HVAC and hotel cash registers, as well as other WLAN connected devices like the sound system.
- Working with a single partner and centralized infrastructure is efficient and cost effective for Scandic.
- Up to 1000 hotel guests and conference attendees can easily access free, quality WiFi using their own devices.
- Connected IPTVs in the rooms enhance the guest experience by allowing streaming of video and films.