Enable continuity of learning with efficient and secure remote communications and IT infrastructure
A crisis can disrupt education and leave lasting effects. A transition to remote learning takes thoughtful planning and training to provide the same tools at home as are available on campus. This greatly improves your staff’s ability to provide continued education to students and helps you get back to class, no matter the venue or setting.
We can help your school district or university continue to provide education services
You start by enabling your business and learning continuity with video conferencing, IT infrastructure, remote business telephony and collaboration solutions that are effective, secure, and plug-and-play.
For the longer term, you will want collaboration and networking solutions that help you improve operations to better cope with similar situations in the future.
Education Continuity What We've Learned
1. Create Remote Learning & Collaboration Spaces
With our cloud-based communication and collaboration platform, Rainbow*.
- Enable collaboration between staff, students and across all departments
- Provide cloud-based video and audio conferencing, instant messaging, screen share, and large file transfers
- Route all calls to faculty and staff office numbers
- Broadcast information to your campus in real-time
- Integrate with your Learning Management System (LMS) platform
- Secure communication with GDPR and ISO-27001 compliance and strict data confidentiality
- Deploy easily on smartphones, computers and tablets
*Rainbow - our cloud-based communication and collaboration platform - works standalone or paired with Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise telephone systems
2. Communicate from home as easily as on campus
With the IP Desktop Softphone
- Perfect for faculty and staff receiving a high volume of calls
- Employ a fully featured business VoIP phone application on Windows or Mac OS
- Route office/room numbers to home or mobile devices to maintain continuity regardless of location
- Avoid the complexity of using multiple numbers/devices
- Deploy quickly and easily- just plug-and-play
3. Securely access your tools, information and files
With a license for Alcatel-Lucent OmniVista Cirrus when purchased with an Alcatel-Lucent OmniAccess Stellar AP*
Free for 1 year
- Easily access non-cloud-based files and proprietary applications
- Securely extend the network to the home via Wi-Fi technology
- Manage home Internet bandwidth and prioritise VoIP calls and work applications
- Plug-and-play deployment for remote workers after initial configuration.
- Employs cloud-based architecture and management that is vendor agnostic and controller-less.
* Alcatel-Lucent OmniAccess Stellar AP1201H access point purchased through our Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise Business Partners
4. Ensure stable and secure connectivity to the new ways of teaching
With high performance Alcatel-Lucent OmniAccess Stellar Wi-Fi and Alcatel-Lucent OmniSwitch network switches
- Deploy secure, powerful and easy-to-manage IT infrastructure for classes held remotely, in-person or HyFlex – an instructional approach that combines in-person and online remote learning.
- Securely meet changing classroom conditions with highly flexible accessibility
- Enable student access to content and collaboration with faculty via high performance infrastructure
- Provide the foundation for next generation teaching and learning strategies